Those of us who work fulltime spend a minimum of 40 hours per week at work. That’s a lot of time away from the comforts of home! Aside from building positive relationships with coworkers, decorating your cubicle can be another way to stay comfortable and happy at work! Below are 5 ways to liven up the cube life!
1. Escape the florescent lights. If you work in an office that lacks natural sunlight, consider taking a walk on your lunch break or simply eating outside. Exposure to the sun will improve your sleep patterns, decrease stress levels, and supercharge your productivity.
2. Invest in a plant. It has been found that plants make offices appear more calming, comfortable, and cheerful, and can actually reduce stress levels. Plants that thrive well in office environments include: aloe, spider plants, cacti, succulents, ivy, and peace lilies.
3. Make your cubicle as pleasant as possible. Think about how much time you actually spend at your desk. You might as well make it a comfortable place you enjoy! You can do this by adding personal touches that make you happy. Consider adding a few framed photos, inspirational quotes, and even art to liven up the space.
4. Keep a pair of headphones handy. There are bound to be times when you need to tune out the sounds around you. It has been found that listening to music while working helps make repetitive tasks easier, boosts creativity, and improves our moods.
5. Place your favorite industry-related books on your cubicle shelf. This will add a more personal touch, inspire you when needed, and give your cubicle a cozy feel.
Cubicles are often thought of as dull, impersonal places to work, but hopefully these personal and professional touches will help you liven up yours!