CompTIA™ is the Computing Technology Industry Association, and CompTIA™ A+ certification program is the industry standard for validating the skills expected of entry-level computer technicians. CompTIA™ A+ certification opens the door to an exciting career in computer technology, and ed2go's online program makes training convenient, interactive, and enjoyable.
The CompTIA™ A+ program will prepare you for two CompTIA™ A+ certification exams: CompTIA A+ Exam 220-801 and CompTIA A+ Exam 220-802. Topics covered in the program include motherboards, memory, processors, video, storage media and devices, printers, operating systems, networking, virtualization, mobile devices, security, and more. Gaining CompTIA™ A+ certification assures employers and computer owners that a PC technician has the requisite knowledge to build, upgrade, optimize, troubleshoot, and repair personal computer (PC) systems.
This online program will prepare you to take your A+ exams, but the exams or exam vouchers are not offered as a part of this online program. It will be your responsibility to set up exam dates and pay for exam fees independent of this online program.
This online certificate program is offered in partnership with major colleges, universities, and other accredited education providers.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will:
- Master hardware installation
- Be able to perform routine computer troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance
- Be familiar with various operating systems and software
- Understand networking requirements and procedures
- Implement effective security protocols
- Understand operational procedures
- Understand different mobile device operating system and management features
- Be able to configure a virtualized environment using both VMware and Virtual PC
After successfully completing this program, you will also be prepared to sit for the CompTIA A+ 220-801 and 220-802 exams and earn your CompTIA A+ Certification. Please note that while we prepare you for these exams in this program, it is your responsibility to pay for and set up exam testing dates independent of your work in this program.