This program is compatible with the Windows XP and later operating systems and IE 7 and later browsers. It can be taken on either a Mac or a PC; however, most medical offices currently use PCs.
Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Acrobat Reader are required for this program.
Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
Click here to download the Flash Player.
The following textbooks will be provided by ed2go:
- Understanding Hospital Coding and Billing: A Worktext
- Professional Review Guide for the CCS Certification Examination
Student must provide:
- Current-year ICD-9-CM, Volumes 1, ,2 and 3 (any publisher)
- Current-year Current Procedural Terminology (CPT)
- Optional: current-year HealthCare Procedural Coding System (HCPCS)
NOTE: Send questions regarding your textbooks to the Support Team at ed2go at email@example.com.
The Advanced Hospital Coding program is not an entry-level program. This program is designed specifically for students with previous coding experience or education, and for students who have completed either the ed2go Administrative Medical Specialist with Medical Billing and Coding or the Medical Billing and Coding program by itself.
Advanced Hospital Coding students should have:
- High school diploma/GED
- Minimum two years of experience with medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, pathology
- ICD-9-CM coding experience
- CPT-4 coding experience
If you intend on participating in the CCS examination, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- Have one of the following credentials: RHIA, RHIT, or CCS/CCS-P
- Complete a coding training program that teaches anatomy & physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology, medical terminology, reimbursement methodology, intermediate/ advanced ICD diagnostic/ procedural and CPT coding
- Perform a minimum of two (2) years of related coding experience directly applying codes
- Have another coding credential from a certifying organization plus one (1) year coding experience directly applying codes