This program is compatible with Windows XP and later operating systems and IE 7 and later browsers. It can be taken on either a Mac or a PC; however, most medical offices currently use PCs.
Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Acrobat Reader are required for this program.
Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
Click here to download the Flash Player.
ed2go will provide you with your program textbook and a current-year edition of the Professional Review Guide for the CCS-P Examination. As current coders seeking more in-depth knowledge, students should already have a set of coding books. They are not provided by ed2go. Students are expected to have their own current-year CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-9-CM coding books.
The Advanced Coding for the Physician's Office program is not an entry-level program. This program is designed specifically for students who have previous coding experience or education, such as the ed2go Administrative Medical Specialist with Medical Billing and Coding (AMS w/MBC) or Medical Billing and Coding program.
If you intend on partipating in the CSS examination, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- Have one of the following credentials: RHIA, RHIT, or CSS/CCS-P
- Complete a coding training program that teaches anatomy & physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology, medical terminology, reimbursement methodology, intermediate/ advanced ICD diagnostic/ procedural and CPT coding
- Perform a minimum of two (2) years of related coding experience directly applying codes
- Have another coding credential from a certifying organization plus one (1) year coding experience directly applying codes
- Have a CCA credential plus one (1) year of coding experience directly applying codes