The program functions best with high-speed Internet. You need access to Microsoft Word and Excel to complete the assignments. This program is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, and more recent operating systems and functions best Internet Explorer 7 and higher.
ed2go provides the required textbook, Bookkeeping Made Simple, but you need QuickBooks 2013 software installed on your computer prior to taking this program.
The bookkeeping portion of this course can be taken on either an IBM-compatible computer (PC) or a Mac. The QuickBooks tutorial can be taken on an IBM-compatible computer (PC) or a Mac. If you use a Mac, you must purchase the Mac version of the software, although some of the screen shots within the tutorial may differ.
You need Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Acrobat Reader for this course.
- For Windows Vista or Windows 7, you need the following: Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® dual-core processor, 3.0 GHz or higher with SSE2 technology
- For Windows XP, you will need the following: Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon dual-core processor, 1.6 GHz or higher with SSE2 technology
- 2 GB RAM
- 1.8 GB free disk space for installation
- 1,280 x 1,024 true color video display adapter 128 MB or greater, Microsoft® Direct3D®-capable workstation-class graphics card
- 1,024 x 768 display resolution with true color
This program is designed to prepare you for an entry-level position as a full-charge bookkeeper. You do not need any prior experience or training in this field. You need an Internet connection, e-mail capabilities, and familiarity with using the Internet. You'll also need QuickBooks 2013 installed on your computer in order to complete the QuickBooks portion of the program. The course does not provide the software.