The Cisco CCNA Online Training Program will give you the essential knowledge to install, configure, and operate a small enterprise branch network, including basic network security. You’ll learn about routed and switched LAN Emulation networks made up of Cisco equipment while you prepare for Cisco certification. The program provides focused coverage of Cisco router and switch configuration procedures. Upon completion of this program students will be prepared to take 100-101 ICND1 and earn the CCENT, followed by 200-101 ICND2. After passing ICND1 and ICND2 students will earn the CCNA Certification. Students can also finish the program and be prepared to take the 200-120 CCNA exam, which is a single exam that can result in the CCNA certification
This online certificate program is offered in partnership with major colleges, universities, and other accredited education providers.
Upon successful completion of this program, you’ll understand the following:
- IP Data Networks: Network devices such as routers, switches, bridges and hubs; Identify common applications; OSI and TCP/IP models; Network media
- LAN Switching Technologies: Determine media access control methods, Basic switching concepts; Configure switches, Ping, Telnet and SSH; VLANs; Trunking on Cisco switches.
- IP addressing (IPv4/IPv6): Describe, identify and configure addresses for both IPv4 and IPv6
- IP Routing Technologies: Routing concepts; Configure and verify routers with CLI; Static and default routes; Routing and routing protocols; OSPF, InterVLAN Routing; SVI interfaces.
- IP Services: DHCP, ACLs, NAT and NTP
- Network Device Security: Passwords, SSH, VTYs, physical security, disabling unused services and authentication; Switch Port Security features; Filter ACLs and limit telnet and SSH access.
- LAN Switching Technologies: RSTP, PVSTP, Etherchannels; and PVSTP operation.
- IP Routing Technologies: Cisco IOS router boot process; Configure a serial interface; Manage IOS files; Routing and routing protocols; OSPF and EIGRP.
- IP Services: Recognize High Availability (FHRP) including VRRP, HSRP and GLBP; Syslog; SNMP v2 & v3.
- Troubleshooting: Network Issues; VLAN problems; Trunking problems on switches; ACL issues; Netflow data; Spanning Tree operation issues; OSPF and EIGRP issues; InterVLAN routing problems; WAN implementation issues; NetFlow statistics; Etherchannel problems
- WAN Technologies: Identify different WAN Technologies; WAN serial connections; PPP connections between Cisco routers; Frame Relay on Cisco routers; PPPoE
This program will prepare students to take the Cisco 200-120 CCNA Exam or the 100-101 ICND1 and 200-101 ICND2 exams. These exams are not included in the cost of the program.