This program is compatible with the Windows XP and later operating systems and IE 7 and later browsers. This program can be taken using a PC or a Mac.
Technical requirements include, but are not limited to, having Internet access with a 56K modem (but it is highly recommended that you have DSL or High Speed Cable Internet Access); 64 MB system RAM; 200 MB free hard-disk space or sufficient storage; reliable e-mail account access, CD-ROM/DVD capabilities, and a reliable Internet provider. Some individual modules may have additional software or hardware requirements.
Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Acrobat Reader are required for this program.
Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
Click here to download the Flash Player.
These items will be provided by ed2go:
- Manual of Structural Kinesiology
- Exercise Physiology: Theory and Application to Fitness and Performance
- ACSM's Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription
- Contemporary Nutrition
- Total Body Functional Profile
- EFS Exercise Clipart CD
- ACE Student Bundle Package
The items below are recommended, but they're not required. These items aren't provided by ed2go, but you'll be able to purchase these materials through a discounted bookstore, if you'd like to do so.
- Joint Structure and Function
- The Anatomy Coloring Book, Third Edition
- Kinesiology—Scientific Basis of Human Motion, 10th Edition
- Illustrated Essentials of Musculoskeletal Anatomy
- Illustrated Skeletal Muscle Flash Cards, First Edition
- Exercise Testing and Prescription, Sixth Edition
- Measurements of Joint Motion—A Guide to Goniometry
- Posture and Body Alignment Grid
- Slim Guide Calipers
- Blood Pressure Cuff and Stethoscope
- Spring-loaded Tape Measure
- Theraband Stability Ball
- Challenge Pro Tubing (four different resistance levels)
- Stretch-Out Strap
- Foam Rolls
- Medicine Ball
- Theraband Stability Ball
- Balance Disc Cushion
There are no specific prerequisites to enter this program, other than an Internet connection, an e-mail address, and basic computer knowledge. Students do need to receive CPR certification and approval by the program coordinator prior to beginning the Optional Field Internship Program.
This program is for you if you're interested in a career in the fitness and health industry. Whether you're just starting out or you're an established fitness professional seeking advanced education, the Advanced Personal Fitness Trainer Program will provide the training you need. This program is also suitable for registered dietitians seeking CPEUs and allied health and medical professionals from all fields seeking to broaden their careers and become full- or part-time personal trainers.