Floral design is an integral part of every Preston Bailey event. The Preston Bailey Fundamentals of Floral Design program, Part 1 in the Floral Design series, is an opportunity for students to learn the fundamentals of floral design from Preston Bailey, the industry’s most highly regarded floral design expert.
The course is designed for beginners who have no experience with flowers, flower arranging, or floral design. Students learn the tricks that every good professional floral designer depends on. They also gain a strong foundation in the basics, which prepares them for learning the more complex techniques of Preston’s unique floral designs. Students who complete this course also have the unique opportunity to apply for internships with Preston and his team at Preston Bailey Designs.
In this course, learn to identify, recognize, and understand how to use the tools of floral design.
This course will teach you the following basics:
- Demonstrate a basic understanding and fundamental knowledge of floral design tools
- Understand the purpose for processing and how it affects the outcome and longevity of a floral design
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the methods used to process flowers for design
- Learn the basic fundamentals of purchasing flowers wholesale when preparing for the design of flowers for an event
You will also learn supplemental knowledge, such as how to do the following:
- Recognize each flower and gain knowledge of seasonality and availability
- Identify the most common types of greenery and the details of ordering them wholesale
- Understand and learn the flower and greenery names, geographic locations and blooming seasons
- Understand how selected flowers are designed individually in preparation for a design concept
- Understanding of how to prepare, design, and structure a flower for a design concept
- Understand that floral design encompasses more than flowers
- Identify various materials that fall within the floral design practice
- Identify materials other than flowers that can be used within a floral design concept
- Set up an internship in your local area