The Home Inspection Online Training Program covers the principal components of home inspection procedures and processes. You'll learn how to create a home inspection report that will detail the home's condition, including the heating and cooling systems, the plumbing and electrical systems, the roof and siding, and the framing and foundation.
This online certificate program is offered in partnership with major colleges, universities, and other accredited education providers.
The NIBI® Online Home Inspection Certificate Course will:
- Provide an introduction to the home inspection industry.
- Review home inspection standards of practice.
- Provide information on residential construction, materials, and installation practices.
- Address special concerns and issues related to house components.
- Cover resources, tools, and equipment used for home inspections.
- Review common safety concerns and personal protection issues.
- Provide general guidelines on inspection procedures.
- Address common communication issues, perspectives, and reporting formats.
Upon successful completion of the NIBI® Online Home Inspection Certificate, students will:
- Understand the purpose and scope of home inspection standards.
- Recognize and describe basic residential construction materials and techniques.
- Know basic procedures for inspecting a home.
- Know basic home inspection equipment and personal protective gear.
- Recognize common defects found in residential construction.
- Know the appropriate reporting methodologies
- Be able to sit for home inspection exams with reasonable expectation of success
- Earn continuing education credits, where applicable.