The CIE certification will demonstrate that you can do the following:
- Understand how HVAC systems can prevent (and cause) IAQ problems
- Apply current industry guidelines
- Understand the fundamentals of building science
- Diagnose, resolve, and prevent common IAQ problems
- Comprehend the full spectrum of contaminants including mold, bacteria, volatile organic compounds, carbon monoxide, radon, triggers to asthma and allergies, and more
- Understand and operate common IAQ instruments and equipment
Your clients want to be confident that they are hiring a trustworthy and competent consultant. One of the best ways to demonstrate your competency is to obtain a third-party accredited certification, such as the Certified Indoor Environmentalist (CIE). The CIE certification is sponsored by the American Council for Accredited Certification (ACAC).
The CIE Prep Course will prepare you to pass the CIE examination. The examination is offered at computerized testing centers throughout the US and beyond. Certain experience requirements and fees apply to students obtaining certification; however, no experience is required to participate in the CIE Prep course.
Upon registering, you're given an initial six months to complete this program. Should you need more time beyond those six months, you can receive an extension of 90 days for a fee of $90.