CBCS Medical Billing and Coding is an ideal program for students new
to a medical career. If you’re seeking entry into the healthcare
industry, this comprehensive program will provide you with all of the
information you need to earn a certification in medical billing and
You will build a foundation of medical vocabulary, to help you
better understand the contents of a patient’s medical record, as well
as notes from practicing physicians. In addition, you’ll learn current
medical coding standards, so you can be successful within the
Upon completion of this program, you will be prepared to sit for the
Certified Billing and Coding Specialist (CBCS) exam, offered by
National Healthcareer Association (NHA). The registration fee for this
exam is included with this program.
This program will also prepare you to sit for the Certified Professional Coder (CPC) exam and the Certified Coding Associate (CCA) exam.
Prepares You For...
- Certified Coder
- Medical Coding Specialist
- Health Information Management Coder
- Medical Billing Associate
- Billing Specialist
- Medical Biller and Coder
Certified Billing and Coding Specialist (CBCS)
What You'll Learn...
You will learn to function as an important member of the healthcare
team by providing key skills, such as abstracting from medical records,
assigning codes to diagnoses and procedures using the ICD-10-CM,
ICD-10-PCS, CPT and HCPCS Level II code books, developing insurance
claims according to third-party guidelines, and understanding the
legal, ethical, and regulatory concepts that are vital to this field.
In Medical Terminology, you will the “language of medicine” and
study the disorders and medical procedures common to each body system.
- Adhere to legal concepts, such as advance directive, living will,
power of attorney, and guardianship, as well as know the HIPAA Privacy
Rule and the HIPAA Security Rule
- Recognize the implications of health insurance fraud and abuse
- Assign accurate codes from the ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, CPT, and
HCPCS Level II coding manuals
- Abstract diagnoses and procedures from medical records and
develop an insurance claim
- Know the word parts, structures, and functions of the human body.
- Learn disorders and medical procedures common to each body system.