This program can be taken from either a Mac or a PC. It is compatible
with the Windows XP and later operating systems, Firefox, Chrome, or IE
7 and later browsers. There are no specific computer requirements other
than an Internet connection, e-mail account, Microsoft Word (for
assignment submissions), and Windows Media Player (which is available
as a free download).
Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Acrobat Reader are required for this
to download the Acrobat Reader.
to download the Flash Player.
ed2go will provide the required textbooks for this program:
- A Guide to Health Insurance Billing
- 2015 Coding Workbook for the Physician’s Office
- 2015 CPT Standard Edition
- 2015 HCPCS Level II
- ICD-10-CM Professional for Physicians Draft - 2015
- Official CPC Certification Study Guide, Fourth Edition
- ICD-9-CM Expert for Physician’s, Volumes 1 & 2 –
- Merriam-Webster's Medical Desk Dictionary
It is recommended that you have knowledge of medical terminology,
including anatomy and physiology.
In order to sit for national certification exams, candidates must have
a high school diploma or equivalent; therefore, it is recommended you
have this before enrolling for this program.