- This program is compatible with Windows XP and later versions of Windows
- This program can be taken from either a Mac or a PC
- This program is compatible with Internet Explorer (version 7 and later) and the latest versions of Firefox, Safari, and Chrome
- To take this course, you need than an Internet connection, email capability, Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Reader, and computer speakers
ed2go will provide the required textbooks for this program. Each student will receive the following books:
Medical Billing and Coding
- Understanding Medical Coding: A Comprehensive Guide, 3rd Edition, by Sandra L. Johnson and Robin Linker
- Workbook to Accompany Understanding Medical Coding: A Comprehensive Guide, 3rd Edition, by Sandra L. Johnson and Robin Linker
- CPT Standard 2013, 1st Edition
- ICD-9-CM Expert for Physicians, Volumes 1 & 2 – 2014
- 2013 HCPCS Level II
- Merriam-Webster's Medical Desk Dictionary, 3rd edition
There are no prerequisites for this program. It is recommended, but not required, that you have knowledge of medical terminology or have taken a medical terminology course.
In order to sit for the national certification exam, candidates must have a high school diploma or equivalent; therefore, it is recommended you have this before enrolling for this program.