Medical Billing and Coding is a nationally-recognized online program that will prepare you for an entry-level career in the healthcare industry. Billing and coding specialists assign industry codes to patient records, to bill insurance companies and third-parties for fees not rendered by the patient.
In this program, you’ll learn the three main code sets used within the industry: ICD-10/ICD-9, CPT, and HCPCS.
This program will prepare you to sit for national certification exams offered by National Healthcareer Association (NHA) and American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). Upon successful completion of this program, you will be provided a paid exam voucher for the NHA Certified Billing & Coding Specialist (CBCS) exam.
|Prepares you for:
What Will I Learn?
This program takes a comprehensive approach to teaching the ins and outs of medical billing and coding. In addition to learning the fundamentals of billing, you’ll learn the different code sets used within the industry and have plenty of hands-on practice, to prepare you for your new career.
- Know legal concepts within the healthcare industry and HIPAA rules and regulations
- Learn how to develop an insurance claim, and how to abstract diagnoses and procedures from medical records
- Know and assign ICD-10, ICD-9, CPT, and HCPCS Level II codes
- Abstract diagnoses and procedures from medical records and interpret the information contained on a remittance advice
- Understand electronic data interchange (EDI) in healthcare
Possible Careers Include…
- Medical Billing Specialist
- Insurance Billing Representative
- Billing Manager
- Outpatient Medical Billing and Coding Specialist