Medical administration along with Medical Billing and Coding is a nationally-recognized online program that will prepare you for a rewarding career in the healthcare industry.
This program will prepare you to sit for national certification exams offered by National Healthcareer Association (NHA) and American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). Upon successful completion of this program, you will be provided paid exam vouchers for NHA's Certified Billing & Coding Specialist (CBCS) exam and Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) exams.
What Will I Learn?
Within this program, you’ll learn the fundamentals of medical office management, as well as medical billing and coding practices.
In addition to learning the administrative aspects of front office medical reception, you’ll become well-versed in the practices of medical billing and coding, learning the three main code sets used within the industry: ICD-10/ICD-9, CPT, and HCPCS.
- Reduce occupational hazards in the workplace, including blood-borne pathogens.
- Safeguard patient confidentiality in the computerized medical office, discover the importance of the medical record, and learn the ambulatory use of the electronic medical record (EMR)
- Recognize the contents of the medical record, including SOAP notes, consultations, discharge summaries and operative reports and distinguish what makes them accurate and complete
- Learn the aspects of payables and receivables and become familiar with bookkeeping and practice management software
- Know legal concepts within the healthcare industry and HIPAA rules and regulations
- Learn how to develop an insurance claim, and how to abstract diagnoses and procedures from medical records
- Know and assign ICD-10, ICD-9, CPT, and HCPCS Level II codes
- Abstract diagnoses and procedures from medical records and interpret the information contained on a remittance advice
- Understand electronic data interchange (EDI) in healthcare
Possible Careers Include…
- Front Office Medical Receptionist
- Medical Office Manager
- Patient Services Specialist
- Patient Care Coordinator