This program can only be taken on a PC. It is not Mac compatible. It is compatible with the Windows XP and later operating systems and IE 7 and later browsers. There are no specific computer requirements other than an Internet connection, e-mail account, Microsoft Word (for assignment submissions), and Windows Media Player (which is available as a free download). We recommend that you use the latest version of Internet Explorer in place of other Web browsers.
Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Acrobat Reader are required for this program.
Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
Click here to download the Flash Player.
ed2go will provide the required textbooks for this program:
- Delmar’s Administrative Medical Assistant, 5th edition
- A Guide to Health Insurance Billing, 4th edition
- 2013 Coding Workbook for the Physician’s Office
- 2014 CPT Standard Edition
- 2014 HCPCS Level II
- ICD-10-CM: The Complete Official Draft Code Set
- Official CPC Certification Study Guide, 4th edition
- ICD-9-CM Expert for Physician’s, Volumes 1 & 2 – 2014
- Merriam-Webster's Medical Desk Dictionary
- Medical Terminology for Health Professions
It is recommended that you have knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
In order to sit for national certification exams, candidates must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Therefore, it is recommended you have this before enrolling for this program.