- Microsoft Project 2007, Standard edition already installed on a computer
- Visio 2007 to view graphical reports
- Computer with a Pentium 133 megahertz (MHz) or higher processor
- Microsoft Windows 2000 SP3 or Microsoft Windows XP or later operating system
- 64 MB of RAM (128 MB recommended)
- An additional 8 MB of RAM for each Microsoft Office program running simultaneously
- 9 MB of hard disk space is required for installing the practice files
- CD-ROM drive to install the practice files
- Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher resolution monitor
- Keyboard and mouse
This course cannot be taken from a Mac computer.
You will need Internet access. High speed (cable or DSL) is recommended and preferred.
Course book: “Microsoft Project 2007 Step by Step” by Carl Chatfield and Timothy Johnson
This program is for anyone who needs to learn how to use Microsoft Project more effectively. This would include project managers, team leads, team members, subject matter experts, and schedulers. You should be familiar with computers and specifically Microsoft Office applications. You should be proficient at file management such as save, save as, and creating backups for their files. You should have some basic knowledge of project management, however this training includes a short module on scheduling to make sure all students have the specific knowledge and terminology associated with this training. You don't need to have worked with Project in the past to take this training. If you have had previous experience with Project, you will become even better at it.
This program is based on Microsoft Project 2007, Standard edition, and you must have access to this software.