You can take this program on a PC or a Mac. You will need Internet Explorer (version 8) or Firefox. Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or higher is required. High-speed Internet is recommended.
You need Adobe Flash, Adobe Reader, and PowerPoint. In addition, you will need Windows Media Player (Series 11 or later), Java, and DirectX (version 9 or later).
Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
Click here to download the Flash Player.
You will be able to download and install the following at no cost:
- Visual Studio Web Developer Edition
- Visual Studio 2010 C# and/or Visual Basic
- MSDN Express Library
Note: All elements, except the Online Lab System, are available on Mac computers. Instructors will assist students in setting up a home virtual lab system.
- For Windows Vista or Windows 7: Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® dual-core processor, 3.0 GHz or higher with SSE2 technology; for Windows XP: Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon dual-core processor, 1.6 GHz or higher with SSE2 technology
- 2 GB RAM
- 1.8 GB free disk space for installation
- 1,280 x 1,024 true color video display adapter 128 MB or greater, Microsoft® Direct3D®-capable workstation-class graphics card
- 1,024 x 768 display resolution with true color
The following materials will be included in your tuition:
- Microsoft ASP.NET 4 Step By Step
- MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-515): Web Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4
There are no prerequisites for this program, as the first portion of the program is designed to teach you programming fundamentals. A basic working knowledge of computers and the Internet is recommended.