The Personal Fitness Training (PFT) Program will help you further your personal training education. You'll gain the knowledge and skills to implement a unique, medically based fitness plan for your clients. You'll learn how to apply your client's health history, goals, and abilities into a systematic model that will allow each client to progress through different training levels and phases. You'll also have the unique opportunity to participate in an on-site, practical experience in personal training through an optional six-week, 60-hour field internship.
This interactive, comprehensive program is the result of collaboration between industry experts, internship affiliates, national organizations, and Educational Fitness Solutions, Inc., and their board of advisors.
This certificate program includes:
- Career path development
- Study of the exercise sciences, kinesiology, and biomechanics
- A medically-based fitness model to use with your clients
- Business administration and management systems in fitness
- Training in conducting health and fitness testing
- Information about the ACSM screening processes
- Analysis of exercise movements and performance
- Training in developing exercise prescriptions for all age groups
The program is offered in partnership with the American Council on Exercise® (ACE). Graduates of the Certificate Program will receive a preferred discount of 20% off the ACE Certified Personal Trainer® Certification Exam (an NCCA-accredited exam) and on study materials.
The program is offered in partnership with the American Council on Exercise® (ACE), the IDEA Health & Fitness Association, and Personal Fitness Professional (PFP). ACE provides graduating certificate students with a preferred discount on the ACE® Personal Training Certification Exam and study materials. IDEA provided content and curriculum for the program, and, as a student, you'll receive a complimentary six-month subscription to the digital edition of IDEA Fitness Journal PFP provides students with a free three-year subscription. The subscription includes nine print issues of their magazine per year, a monthly e-newsletter, a digital magazine, and access to an interactive Web site with blogs, polls, articles, and much more.
Continuing Education Credits/Units
The Commission on Dietetic Registration, the credentialing agency for the American Dietetic Association (ADA), has approved the Certificate in Personal Training program for 50 Continuing Professional Education Units (CPEUs) and the Optional Field Internship Program for 60 CPEUs for both registered dietitians and dietetic technician-registereds.
The following national organizations and associations have approved the Personal Fitness Trainer Program for CEC/CEUs:
- The American Senior Fitness Association (SFA): 2.0 CEUs per program
- The National Council on Strength and Fitness (NCSF): 10 CEUs per program
- The National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT): 1 CEC per program, equivalent to an entire six-month CEC requirement
Upon registering, you're given an initial six months to complete this program. Should you need more time beyond the six months, an extension of six months is available with a fee of $300.