This program is compatible with the Windows XP and later operating systems and IE 7 and later browsers.
This program can be taken from a PC or a Mac. Technical requirements include, but are not limited to, having Internet access with a 56K modem (but it's highly recommended that you have DSL or high-speed cable Internet access), 64 MB system RAM, 200 MB free hard-disk space memory or sufficient storage; reliable e-mail account access, CD-ROM/DVD capabilities, and a reliable Internet provider. Some individual modules may have additional software and/or hardware requirements.
These items will be provided by ed2go:
- Manual of Structural Kinesiology
- Exercise Physiology: Theory and Application to Fitness and Performance
- ACSM's Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription
- ACE Student Bundle Package
The items below are recommended, but they're not required. These items aren't provided by ed2go, but you'll be able to purchase these materials through a discounted bookstore, if you'd like to do so.
- Joint Structure and Function
- The Anatomy Coloring Book, Third Edition
- Kinesiology—Scientific Basis of Human Motion, 10th Edition
- Illustrated Essentials of Musculoskeletal Anatomy
- Illustrated Skeletal Muscle Flash Cards, First Edition
- Exercise Testing and Prescription, Sixth Edition
- Measurements of Joint Motion—A Guide to Goniometry
- Posture and Body Alignment Grid
- Slim Guide Calipers
- Blood Pressure Cuff and Stethoscope
- Spring-loaded Tape Measure
There are no specific prerequisites to enter this program, other than an Internet connection, an e-mail address, and basic computer knowledge. Students do need to receive CPR certification and approval by the program coordinator prior to beginning the Optional Field Internship Program.
The Personal Fitness Trainer Program is for you if you're interested in starting a career in the health and fitness industry. This program is also suitable for registered dietitians seeking CPEUs and for allied health and medical professionals seeking to broaden their careers or become full- or part-time personal trainers or fitness instructors.