This program is compatible with the Windows XP and later operating systems and IE 7 and later browsers and can be taken on either a Mac or a PC; however, most medical offices currently use PCs. A high-speed Internet connection is recommended.
Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Acrobat Reader are required for this program.
Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
Click here to download the Flash Player.
ed2go will provide the required materials for this program. They include:
- The Pharmacy Technician:A Comprehensive Approach
- Pharmaceutical Calculations for Pharmacy Technicians
- Law and Ethics
- Fundamental Pharmacology for Pharmacy Technicians
- Fundamental Pharmacology for Pharmacy Technicians Workbook
- Pharmacy Lab Kit and Manual
- Virtual Medication Safety for Technicians – Online
- Virtual Inventory Management for Technicians - Online
- Virtual Pharmacy Externship for Technicians – Online
- Externship packet and lab coat provided upon acceptance into the Externship Program
After successfully completing your program, you’ll also receive access to the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) practice tests, to help you study for your certification exam.
If you're interested in becoming a pharmacy technician, this program is for you! No healthcare or medical office work experience is required to take this program.
You should be proficient in keyboarding (approximately 35 words per minute), have a basic understanding of a word-processing computer program (Microsoft Word is recommended), and have a command of English grammar and punctuation.
Students are encouraged to have a basic understanding of high school math including percent’s and proportions at the algebra level. This program will provide a review of fractions and decimals, in addition to covering more advanced pharmacy equations.
In order to sit for the national certification exam, candidates must be 18 years old and have a high school diploma or equivalent; therefore, it's recommended you have this within 6 months of enrolling for this program.
To participate in the CVS or Walgreens externships, students must not have a criminal record. Background checks will be conducted prior to the student's admittance into the externship program.