This program is compatible with the Windows XP and later operating systems and IE 7 and later browsers and can be taken on either a Mac or a PC; however, most medical offices currently use PCs. A high-speed Internet connection is recommended.
Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Acrobat Reader are required for this program.
Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
Click here to download the Flash Player.
ed2go will provide the required materials for this program. They include:
- Pharmacy Practice for Technicians, 4th Edition
- Pocket Guide for Pharmacy Technicians
- Math for Pharmacy Technicians
- Pharmacology for Technicians: Understanding Drugs and Their Uses, 4th Edition
- Pharmacology for Technicians Workbook
- Virtual Pharmacy Externship for Technicians CD-ROM
- Pharmacy lab kit
- Externship packet and lab coat provided upon acceptance into the Externship Program
If you're interested in becoming a pharmacy technician, this program is for you! No health care or medical office work experience is required to take this program.
You should be proficient in keyboarding (approximately 35 words per minute), have a basic understanding of a word-processing computer program (Microsoft Word is recommended), and have a command of English grammar and punctuation.
Students are encouraged to have a basic understanding of high school math including percents and proportions at the algebra level. This program will provide a review of fractions and decimals, in addition to covering more advanced pharmacy equations.
In order to sit for the national certification exam, candidates must have a high school diploma or equivalent; therefore, it's recommended you have this before enrolling for this program.