The Project Management portion of this online certification training program provides a comprehensive education in project management. You will learn the basics of project management and get preparation for the current edition of the Project Management Professional national certification exam. Textbook and exam resources are included.
In the Microsoft Project® portion, you will master one of the most popular project management scheduling software products available today. Whether you are an occasional user or a full-time scheduler, your understanding of Project is vital to your ability to plan, manage, and track your projects effectively. This program is the essential Microsoft Project® training. You will become familiar with how to really plan and track projects using Project’s many features.
This program will also lead you through Microsoft Project 2010 features and functions one step at a time. You will learn how to plan out your work and keep projects of any level on track using this powerful software. In addition, you will gain confidence and competency through hands-on practice experience. This program combines knowledge of project management scheduling disciplines with the use of the Microsoft Project 2010 software.
This online certificate program is offered in partnership with major colleges, universities, and other accredited education providers.
ed2go is a global Registered Education Provider for the Project Management Institute (PMI). Registered Education Providers (R.E.P.s) offer programs and courses that are preapproved for professional development units through PMI and have been reviewed by a project management professional (PMP) to ensure that they meet PMI's expectations for professional development in project management.
This program/course is a good choice for those looking for project management experience and those aspiring to obtain a PMI credential. It's also an excellent choice for existing PMI credential holders looking for an approved activity for PMI's continuing certification PDUs. At the end of this course, you'll receive a certificate indicating your completion of PDUs equal to the number of hours of this course through ed2go, R.E.P. #3213. Please visit pmi.org to learn more about PMI's credentials and how they may fit into your continuing education plans.
PMBOK® Guide, PMI®, PMP®, CAPM®, and the PMI R.E.P. logo are either marks or registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Upon successful completion of the Project Management training, you will be able to do the following:
- Describe the knowledge areas of project management and describe the steps required to plan and manage a project
- Understand the function of the primary planning documents for a project
- Define the characteristics of a project and its deliverables
- Describe the most common phases of a project life cycle and the typical project management tasks associated with each
- Meet the education requirement for the PMP® certification exam
Microsoft Project 2010:
Upon successful completion of the Microsoft Project training, you will be able to do the following:
- Use project management scheduling terminology and concepts
- Set up a project file with the appropriate default settings for your type of project and industry
- Describe the types of calendars used in Project and how each is utilized during the planning and tracking of projects
- Understand the common task types and how each is modeled and demonstrate how to assign to resource types to specific tasks effectively
- Manage and track the project’s performance including the use of Earned Value statusing and forecasting calculations
- Use both the tabular as well as graphical reports
- Customize Project's look and feel and adapt to your own company's formats and standards
- Create macros for repetitive project management tasks to avoid keystrokes
- Develop recovery scenarios to get a project back on track