1. Can I register for programs if I am an international student?
Yes, because ed2go programs are online you never have to actually travel to the school. Most schools offer telephone or online registration.
2. How long does it take to complete a program?
Upon registering, you're given an initial six months to complete this program. Should you need more time beyond the six months, an extension of six months is available at no additional cost.
3. Do I have to buy additional materials?
All the materials you'll need (with the exception of a few very inexpensive items for your project) are included, and their cost will be covered by your tuition. ed2go will ship all materials ground service upon enrollment.
4. Can I get financial assistance?
ed2go courses are non-credit courses, so they do not qualify for federal aid. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses.
5. What happens when I complete the program?
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be awarded a certificate of completion.
6. Am I guaranteed a job?
ed2go programs will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. We don't provide direct job placement services, but our facilitators and career counselors will help you build your resume and are available to give advice on finding your first job. Facilitators will also be available to use as a professional reference upon completion of the program. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
7. Who will be my instructor?
Each student is paired up with a facilitator for one-on-one interaction. The facilitator will be available (via e-mail) to answer any questions you may have and to provide feedback on your performance. All of our facilitators are successful working professionals in the fields in which they teach.
8. What software or hardware do I need in order to take online programs and what are the system requirements?
In order to take our online programs, you must have access to a computer and the Internet. You can access the program contents from any Web-enabled computer. You don't have to use the same computer to log-in to the program every time. We recommend that you have a word-processing program (Microsoft Word is best) and the latest version of Internet Explorer.
9. Can I use a Mac?
Yes, you can use a Mac for this program.
10. How will I submit my family room project?
Your project is to complete the floor plan and design concept for a family room. You do not need to actually execute your concept in a real interior. When you're ready to complete the program, you will follow the detailed instructions for completing your family room project presentation board. You will submit a written portion as well as several photos of your presentation board to your instructor. You may need to purchase some inexpensive supplies (foam core and mat boards, a cutting tool, and mounting materials such as foam tape or Velcro) to put your board together. You will not need to send the presentation board itself to your instructor—this will be yours to keep.
11. What does my free one-year membership in the Designer Society of America entitle me to?
Membership benefits include:
- Design News Flash and Support, an all-member communication concerning the interior design industry, practice issues, and trends, sent every three weeks via e-mail.
- Invitations to chapter and region meetings, special events, and activities.
- DSA Web site access, with information and online versions of past DSA newsletters and publications.
- DSA's online membership directory.
- Discounted prices on national product lines and resources, with direct links (for members in U.S. and Canada).
- Invitation to DSA annual celebration, which features winners of the Interior Design Competitions and member awards.
- Reduced member rates for DSA-sponsored competitions and Residential Design Competition.
- Free membership in Pier 1 design concepts, Designer Trade Market, Williams Sonoma Home, Pottery Barn, program for DSA members.
- Chapter-level CEU programs.
- Tele-seminar and webinar annual schedules.
- DSA logo upload (member-only section) and appellation.
- Use of DSA professional designation.
- DSA Membership Card.
- Discounted advertising rates in DSA publications and on the DSA Web site.
- Networking opportunities through chapter and motivational task forums.
- Personal 80-page portfolio for designers to exhibit their work.
- Trade center locations and information in resources.
- Locate-a-designer program for consumers.
- National recognition.
- Hotel and resort discounts during meetings.
- Member advantage program to promote members’ success.
12. How can I get more information about the program?
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, please feel free to contact us via LIVE chat (click the button toward the top of the page). If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please feel free to send us a question using the "Contact Us" form to the right. You may also call us at 1-877-221-5151. We will answer your questions promptly.
13. When can I start the program?
Our programs are all open enrollment. You can register and start the program as soon as you are ready.
Please note: Once the program curriculum is accessed online or through submission of a material shipment confirmation, refunds cannot be issued.