Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) is a premier security certification offered by ISC(2).
This is an ideal program for those seeking the SSCP certification or preparing to find a position as a network administrator or a security administrator. This program is focused on several domains, including access controls, administration, auditing and monitoring, risk, response and recovery, cryptography, data communication, and malicious code/ malware. This program will allow students to practice in virtual interactive lab environments.
The Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) course will prepare students to take the SSCP certification exam. Through lectures, reading assignments, and a variety of labs and assessments, students will master key security concepts and thoroughly understand all of the SSCP objectives. This program includes hands-on activities, and students will take away real knowledge and skills they can apply in interviews and on the job, giving them a strong advantage in the industry.
In this program, you'll learn about the following:
- Logical access controls for subjects and objects
- Access control concepts
- Network trusts
- Identity management
- Cloud computing security concepts
- Physical network security and network data security
- OSI and TCP/ IP models
- Remote access
- Firewalls and proxies
- Wireless security and cellular technologies
- Security policies and awareness training
You’ll also learn how to manage various tasks related to:
- Malware identification and mitigation
- Risk management
- Security assessment and incident handling
- Business continuity plans and disaster recovery plans
- PKI and certificates
- Security auditing
- Change management
- Data management
- System monitoring and analysis
Please note that while we prepare you for the exam objectives in this program, it is your responsibility to pay for and set up exam testing dates independent of your work in this program.