This program is geared towards anyone seeking professional career training in technical writing. Within the program, you will learn research methods, audience considerations, various writing styles, drafting and revision techniques, working in a collaborative environment, and more.
This program will also introduce you to a variety of media and formats. You will learn about the different writing standards for websites, emails, proposals, and technical instructions.
All textbooks and materials are included with the cost of the program, and instruction is entirely online in partnership with major colleges, universities, and other accredited education providers.
What Will I Learn?
- Differences between academic and technical writing
- Effective research methods
- Writing to meet the needs of your audience, including writing with clarity and utility
- Awareness of ethical issues in technical writing
- Mastering a variety of technical documents, including memos, analyses, letters, executive summaries, and reports
- Advanced grammar rules
- Developing proposal documents
Prior to completion of the program, you will also learn job hunting and resume writing skills, to help you find gainful employment, in addition to creating your professional writing portfolio with samples of work we've created throughout the program.
Possible Careers Include…
- Technical Writers
- Management Analysts
- Software Developers, Applications
- Marketing Managers
- Project Managers