This program will improve your understanding and use of written
communications, making you an asset in any administrative, management,
or technical writer role. Internal and external communications are
highly emphasized in many businesses, and employees in a variety of
industries rely heavily on written instructions and procedures. This
contributes to a strong demand for technical communicators.
As a technical writer, you might be responsible for any of the
following job duties in your day to day operations:
- Assist scientists, engineers, computer specialists, and
software developers in managing the flow of information
- Conduct studies or surveys that will improve the design of
- Determine how technical information should be delivered in
printed and online media
- Create operating instructions and procedure manuals
- Know how to establish common ground with any audience
- Make any document highly useful to any reader
- Be able to proof-read and edit a variety of texts
This course will give you the skills, theories, rules, and concepts you
need to advance in a technical writing career.
Upon registering, you will be given six months to complete the program.
Should you need more time, you may request a six-month extension at no