Prepare for a career in wedding and special event planning by mastering the fundamentals of planning, orchestrating, and delivering stunning weddings and parties. This program allows you to earn your certification as a professional wedding and event planner, and will give you an opportunity to put your new skills to work in an optional internship.
In these lessons, you'll get step-by-step training and learn concise formulas for ensuring the success of any social event, from weddings and anniversaries, to birthdays and baby showers. Once you've grasped the basics of wedding planning, you'll translate theory into real-world applications as you discover how to cultivate the vendor and client relationships that are crucial to building your business. You'll learn insider techniques on how to market your business and expand your revenue streams in the fun and exciting celebration industry.
With the aid of more than 150 business templates and other resource documents, you'll also gain the financial understanding you need to complement your wedding planning talents. This program provides you with an entire set of financial tools you'll be able to use for years to come, including contracts, business plans, timelines, fee structures, project plans and service offerings. Each business template is carefully designed to address the specific demands of the wedding-and special event planning industry.
The program includes a Dina Manzo's It's My Party and I'll Plan if I Want To workshop, which teaches the fundamentals and etiquette involved in proper party planning. It includes lessons on table etiquette, tableware, glassware, and flatware, in addition to proper place setting, menu selection, and food and wine pairing.
Upon successfully completing this program, you will be certified as a professional wedding and event planner. In addition, you will qualify to apply for an internship customized to your career objectives and goals. Internships can range from one day to six months in length. As a result, you can begin building your professional résumé right away!
Upon successful completion of the Certified Wedding and Event Planner program, you will:
- Have a portfolio of business contracts, pricing information, packages, and presentation tools
- Understand the process for setting up a legal wedding planning business and be knowledgeable about business structure: licenses, insurances, and major local, state, and federal laws and regulations that affect business, as well as the procedural requirements necessary for compliance
- Be proficient in prospecting for and contracting with wedding and special event clients
- Understand how to use marketing, publishing, and public relations to promote and increase your business
- Understand how to develop service packages that give you a competitive edge in your local market
- Know the difference between traditional and non-traditional etiquette
- Be familiar with various wedding traditions and cultures and how to incorporate a client's ethnic or cultural background into the celebration.
You will be proficient in the following:
- Planning a budget, selecting a vendor, and designing a wedding
- Reading and understanding existing vendor contracts, and creating new ones
- Choosing design elements, fabrics, and styles
- Understanding the six stages of an event experience and ways to implement them
- Understanding the science behind food & wine pairing for special event menu planning
- Preparing the proper table setting and establishing etiquette techniques
- Using wedding and event planning software, tools, and resources
- Implementing a wedding event timeline
- Developing your preferred local industry vendor network
- Working with a bridal client to plan, design, and deliver a dream wedding