Do you want to make mobile apps that run on iPhone and iPad, as well as on Android, and Windows Phone? Sure you do! Do you want to learn five different programming languages? Of course you don't!
Fortunately, you're about to discover a better way to build apps. In this course, you'll learn how to imagine, design, build, and optimize a cross-platform mobile app using the very latest HTML5 standards. The result will be a mobile app that's fast and runs on just about any smartphone or tablet computer.
You'll also learn some of the most sought-after skills in Web and mobile development, including:
- HTML5 and how it's different from previous versions of HTML.
- CSS3, the layout and styling language of the mobile Web.
- How to use Web services such as Google Maps in your app.
- How to determine an app's user location by accessing the built-in geolocation capabilities of the user's smartphone.
- How to use Web Application Programming Interfaces (Web APIs) to combine different Web services to create mobile mashups.
- How to optimize your app for performance to make sure that it runs as fast as possible for your users.
- How to convert your HTML5 apps into native apps that you can submit to app stores such as Apple's App Store and Google Play.
By the end of the course, you'll have built your first mobile web app, and you'll be on your way to making your dream of being a successful mobile app developer a reality!
Course Revised January 2014
About The Instructor
Chris Minnick is a prolific published author, blogger, trainer, web developer, and serial entrepreneur. He has over 20 years of experience creating and running Internet businesses and has built hundreds of mobile apps and websites for some of the world's largest companies as well as for small businesses.
As a trainer, he teaches courses online and around the world, and he's passionate about teaching kids and beginners of all ages how to code.