The complex privacy requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) has broad application for many health plans and service providers. These rules create significant limitations in the way that certain health information is maintained and transferred.
HR professionals, including in-house HR personnel, consultants, advisors, service providers, and administrators need to learn the various requirements in order to ensure compliance.
The HIPAA Privacy Training & Certification Program covers both the basics and the detailed rules for the use and disclosure of information. The Program includes the notice requirement rules and administrative tips to help with compliance.
More than just a read-along format typical in printed books, the course includes numerous examples, "Administrative Tips", and "Procedural Recommendations", as well as scenario-based, multiple choice interactive quizzes (with answer rationale provided) that test your ability to apply the correct procedures and processes learned during training that are key to HIPAA Privacy administration.
- Award-winning, easy-to-use interface that includes numerous "Administrative Tips" and examples that highlight key learning areas
- Interactive Q&A with answer rationale provided to help ensure learning and check your progress along the way
- Procedural recommendations that provide key processes and procedures
- Access via the Internet allows you to study at your pace and access materials anytime, anywhere
- Special "Bookmark" feature that allows you to learn at your own pace and quickly return to training if you are interrupted
- FREE updates when the law changes
- EIGHT hours of PHR and SPHR re-certification credits
- Test to become a "Certified HIPAA Privacy Administrator". Your test is taken online and scored immediately, and your Certificate is mailed directly to you! We also show you any incorrectly answered test questions so you can improve any areas of weakness!
Organizations enrolling three or more individuals also receive our Management Interface at no cost, allowing managers to view employee progress, test scores, and incorrectly answered test questions.Other Details
Who Should Use This Course
- This self-paced, online course consists of multiple "Lessons" of 20 to 30 minute duration, with a bookmark feature available. Approximate completion time is 8 to 10 hours for those who are new or slightly experienced HIPAA Privacy administrators; 6 to 8 hours for experienced HIPAA Privacy administrators.
- This course is sold as an annual subscription with four components: the training course itself; access to all training materials as a resource for one full year; free updates whenever the law changes, and; a Certified Administrator designation. Access to resource materials, free updates, and a new Certificate are available for subsequent years for a low renewal fee of $99 per year!
- Organizations with 100 or more employees requiring HIPAA Privacy training can customize this course.
- Benefits/HR managers
- New benefits/HR staff
- IT management/staff
- Administrative staff
- Cross training
- Third Party Administrators (Note: TPAs also can earn the prestigious "Certified TPA" seal for use on their websites, proposals, and other marketing materials!)
Certified HIPAA Privacy Administrator