About This Course
Do you want to make mobile apps that run on iPhone and iPad, as well as on Android, Blackberry, and Windows Phone? Sure you do! Do you want to learn five different programming languages? Of course you don't!
Fortunately, you're about to discover a better way to build apps. In this course, you'll learn how to imagine, design, build, and optimize a cross-platform mobile app using the very latest HTML5 standards. The result will be a mobile app that's fast and runs on just about any smartphone or tablet computer.
You'll also learn some of the most sought-after skills in Web and mobile development, including:
- HTML5 and how it's different from previous versions of HTML.
- CSS3, the layout and styling language of the mobile Web.
- How to use Web services such as Google Maps in your app.
- How to determine an app's user location by accessing the built-in geolocation capabilities of the user's smartphone.
- How to use Web Application Programming Interfaces (Web APIs) to combine different Web services to create mobile mashups.
- How to optimize your app for performance to make sure that it runs as fast as possible for your users.
- How to convert your HTML5 apps into native apps that you can submit to app stores such as Apple's App Store, Google Play, and Blackberry App World.
By the end of the course, you'll have built your first mobile web app, and you'll be on your way to making your dream of being a successful mobile app developer a reality!
Course Revised January 2014