• Internet access
• One of the following browsers:
o Mozilla Firefox
o Microsoft Internet Explorer (9.0 or above)
o Google Chrome
• Adobe PDF plug-in (a free download obtained at Adobe.com .)
This course is written with Windows software, but Macintosh users will find the software is quite similar and are welcome in this course. Mac users will need to be comfortable with the normal Windows/Mac conversion for keyboard differences. Photoshop Extended is NOT necessary for this course, but can be used. All coursework and examples are based on Windows using standard Photoshop CS6 software.
Students should feel comfortable acquiring digital images, either with a digital camera, using images scanned onto CDs, or scanning film prints. Basic computer skills, such as using a mouse, creating and accessing folders, downloading and saving files will be briefly reviewed in this course, but should be familiar to students.
In addition to Internet access for classroom participation, students will need Adobe's Photoshop CS6 (Windows Vista/7/XP), Adobe's Photoshop Extended CS6 (Windows Vista/7/XP), Adobe's Photoshop CS6 (Mac OS X), or Adobe's Photoshop Extended CS6 (Mac OS X) installed and functioning to take full advantage of the course.
- Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor
- Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 3; Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise with Service Pack 1 (Service Pack 2 recommended); or Windows 7
- 1GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on removable flash-base)