- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- This course is written using the Windows version of the software. If you have Mac, you will need to make standard Windows/Mac keystroke conversions which are included in the course material.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 or higher (not included in enrollment). Instructions, screenshots, and examples are based on versions 11, 12, and 13, but later versions, including year-numbered versions like Photoshop Elements 2020, work well with only minor changes for the course.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
You should feel comfortable acquiring digital images, either with a digital camera, using images scanned onto CDs, or scanning film prints. Basic computer skills, such as using a mouse, creating and accessing folders, and downloading and saving files will be briefly reviewed in this course, but should be familiar to you.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.