- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
Explore a Career in Medical Coding
You'll need access to both of the main medical coding books we'll use in this course:
CPT Manual, Professional Edition (2012, 2013, 2014 or 2015 edition)
ICD-10-CM Manual (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, or 2016* edition).
*Note: There was a code freeze for several years, so basically there are very few changes to the 2016 version from 2014 and 2015.
Explore a Career as an Administrative Medical Assistant
Explore a Career in Medical Transcription
It is recommended that students have prior knowledge of medical terminology and touch-typing before enrolling in this course.