- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Photoshop CS6 (not included in enrollment). It can be part of the Creative Suite 6 in Standard or Extended or Cloud editions or it can be a standalone version of either Standard or Extended. No features from the Extended version will be taught, however. You may also use the 30-day free trial software provided by Adobe, but if you do, you must wait until the relevant lesson of the course to install it and actually begin to work through the course, otherwise your trial will end before the course is over.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
You need to have completed Introduction to Photoshop CS3, CS4, CS5, or CS6. If you have not taken one of these courses, you need to have a good working knowledge of the basic tools in Photoshop and be able to make selections, use the Clone Stamp tool and Healing brushes, and do elementary color correction. You need to know how to create a new file folder and locate files on your hard drive.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.