Though nursing is a high-demand profession, nursing school candidates must fulfill several rigorous requirements, including top performance on the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) exam. This standardized test assesses a candidate's skills in reading, math, science, and English language usage.
The self-paced TEAS Prep 1 course will prepare you to sit for the Reading and English Language Usage portions of the TEAS exam. You will learn to critical reading and language skills, including rhetoric, author’s tone and purpose, points of view, and standard conventions of English grammar and spelling. The course consists of focused content, videos, flashcards, test prep tips, and practice test questions.
By course completion, you will be ready to pass the TEAS Reading and English Language Usage section.
What students will learn
- Identify the key ideas and details in a given text
- Evaluate conventions of standardized English
- Examine structured written organizational units
- Analyze vocabulary based on textual inference
- Identify learning styles and TEAS exam preparation strategies