You’re a busy, working mom, wanting to take your career to the next level. How do you manage to complete the training necessary to move up, while balancing being Mother of the Year and working full-time? It seems impossible, right?
There’s no cookie-cutter way to be more productive and balance all that we have going on, but there are different strategies that can help us improve our focus, to achieve more success with less time and effort. Here are seven ways you can start improving your work-life balance:
- Give yourself daily positive affirmations – Daily reminders of how you can succeed or how you’re well on your way can improve your outlook on the tasks at hand. Get our free printable affirmations here.
- Take Short Breathers – Focusing on one task for too long can actually be counter-productive. Break up your time and give yourself a creative refresh by taking a short walk outside or changing your scenery for a few minutes.
- Ensure Proper Nutrition – Some things as simple as an unbalanced diet can send our nerves and stress levels through the roof. Be sure to eat a balanced diet with a healthy mix of protein, carbohydrates, and fats.
- Rethink Your Errands – Outsourcing time-consuming household chores or errands can cut down the time you spend on monotonous but necessary tasks. Consider ordering groceries online or hire a neighbor kid to mow your lawn. Even if your budget is tight, the time savings may outweigh the monetary cost.
- Exercise When Possible – Even the slightest activity boost endorphins and promotes health and well-being. You don’t have to have an expensive gym membership or run a marathon to stay fit. Consider small adjustments, such as parking further away at the grocery store, or walking your kids to nearby events, rather than driving.
When trying to balance your priorities and maintain family schedules, it’s easy to become overwhelmed or stressed. Continue to follow these five tips whenever you feel you need a boost in productivity.
Want to learn more about time management? Check out Individual Excellence.