When I was in school, one of the biggest complaints my teachers had was how much of a disruption cell phones were in their classrooms. And it makes perfect sense. If a student is engaged in their text message conversation, they’re not capable of being fully engaged with a lesson.
As we move towards cell phones and technology being integrated into every aspect of life, including technology in the classroom is becoming increasingly popular among both teachers and students.
Here are 6 products that can improve engagement by appealing to students with what they love most – technology!
- iPad – Tablets, particularly iPads, have hundreds educational applications available. From games to teaching aids, iPads are an essential teaching tool for increasing student engagement.
- Portable Tablet Stage – If you’re already using an iPad in your classroom, this handy product can act as a podium stand for your iPad, helping you deliver lectures and move slides efficiently. It also allows you to easily take photos of documents, record lectures, and capture video, so you can upload them to your classroom website for students to access.
- eBeam Edge – Smart Boards are all the rage in classrooms right now, but with that price tag, it’s hard to fathom purchasing one for your class. The eBeam Edge enables you to use the same technology at a fraction of the cost, and it’s easily portable, so you can take it with you wherever you go.
- Lecture Capture – Looking for an easy way to record lessons and enable students to access them at a later date? Lecture Capture helps you do just that!
- MindTap – If you don’t have a digital classroom or class website, MindTap integrates your textbook with a personalized digital classroom, where your students can access applications and tools to help them learn your curriculum and study for your class.
- Remind – With all the distractions available to students, it’s no wonder they forget exam dates and misplace their homework. Remind allows students to opt-in to text message reminders that you choose to send on important dates.