Understanding your audience and their needs is the key to designing learning solutions. This instructional design course will teach you the basics of instructional design and the phases of the design process, including conducting a needs assessment, designing and delivering training, and evaluating instruction.
What you will learn
- To identify what instructional design is, including the role of the instructional designer
- How to analyze the learning situation and develop goals
- To understand learning design concepts
- To identify how to develop and implement the learning solution
- How to evaluate the effectiveness of the learning
How you will benefit
- Gain basic instructional design skills that can used in a professional environment
- Understand how to design and develop workplace training programs
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 3 Months access
- 14 course hours
- What Is Instructional Design?
- Analyzing and Objective Setting
- Learning Design Concepts
- Developing and Implementing the Learning
- Evaluating the Effectiveness of the Learning
There are no specific prerequisites for this program, but students should be fairly knowledgeable about computers and Internet usage and will need an Internet connection, a modern browser, and email capabilities.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: macOS 10.8 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
You can start this course at any time your schedule permits.
You have 3 month access to the course. After enrolling, you can learn and complete the course at your own pace, within the allotted access period.
There is no time limit to complete each lesson, other than completing all lessons within the allotted access period.
Because this course is self-paced, no extensions will be granted after the start of your enrollment.