Accounting with QuickBooks Online Suite
This comprehensive course will teach you the basics of accounting with QuickBooks Online, the most widely used accounting software for small business owners. You'll master the basics double-entry bookkeeping and get hands-on experience handling accounts receivable, accounts payable, sales taxes and other common financial activities.
Suite bundles are not eligible for partial drops or refunds. Transfers to other open sessions of the same course are available. Please refer to your school for additional details regarding drops, transfers, and refunds on Suite bundles.
Accounting Fundamentals covers all the bases, from writing checks to preparing an income statement and closing out accounts at the end of each fiscal period. Whether you're a sole proprietor looking to manage your business finances or you simply want to gain an understanding of accounting basics for career advancement or for personal use, this course will give you a solid foundation in financial matters.
Accounting Fundamentals II will provide you with a solid understanding of corporate accounting practices. You will learn key topics including as special journals, uncollectible accounts receivable, notes and interest, accrued revenue and expenses, dividends, retained earnings and more.
This QuickBooks Online will teach you how to manage your business financials with QuickBooks Online. You will learn to use key features of QuickBooks Online and gain hands-on experience creating invoices, receipts, and statements; track payables, inventory, and receivables; generating reports; and more. Whether you're new to QuickBooks or need a quick refresher, this course will empower you to take control of your business's financial accounting.
Learn to manage the financial aspects of your small business quickly and efficiently using QuickBooks Online. With this online version, you get all the advantages of computing in the cloud, so that your accounting files will be available to you virtually anytime, anywhere. This course is going to dive a bit deeper into some of the more intermediate-level features of the QuickBooks Online (QBO) program—from tracking product and service items and managing inventory to customizing sales forms.
Please complete the courses in the bundle two months apart to avoid overlapping. Suite bundles are not eligible for partial drops or refunds. Transfers to other open sessions of the same course are available. Please refer to your school for additional details regarding drops, transfers, and refunds on Suite bundles.
How the course is taught
- Instructor-led online course
- 96 course hours
- Account Classifications, Account Titles, T Accounts, and the Accounting Equation
- General Ledger Accounts and the Balance Sheet
- Journalizing Transactions and Posting to the General Ledger
- Journalizing and Posting Cash and Charge Purchases and Payments on Account
- Journalizing and Posting Cash and Charge Sales and Cash Received on Account
- Payroll and Various Deductions
- Banking Services and Reports
- Posting Journal Totals to General Ledger, Schedule of Accounts Payable, and Schedule of Accounts Receivable
- End-Of-Year Worksheet
- End-Of-Year Financial Reports
- Journalizing and Posting Adjusting Entries
- Journalizing and Posting Closing Entries and Preparing a Post Closing Trial Balance
Accounting Fundamentals II
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Uncollectible Accounts Receivable
- Plant Assets and Depreciation
- Notes Payable and Notes Receivable
- Accrued Income and Accrued Expenses
- Dividends and Starting the Year-End Worksheet
- Complete Year-End Worksheet With Adjustments
- End-Of-Fiscal-Period Financial Reports
- Adjusting and Closing Entries and Post Closing Trial Balance
- Preparing a Payroll
- Preparing Federal Tax Deposits and Year-End Tax Reports
Introduction to QuickBooks Online
- Getting Started
- Accounting Basics
- The Chart of Accounts
- Centers and Lists
- Bank Accounts
- Recording Expenses
- Paying Bills
- Credit Cards and Loans
- Recording Income
- Invoices and Estimates
- Billable Expenses and Customer Credits
- Sales Taxes and Reports
Intermediate QuickBooks Online
- Managing Setting, Users, and Accountants
- Product and Service Items
- Managing Inventory
- Customizing Sales Forms and Tracking Classes and Locations.
- Managing Projects and Sales
- Progress Invoicing and Bad Debts
- Payroll and Gift Cards
- Fixed Assets and Loans
- Business Entities and Owner Transactions.
- Banking Rules and Budgets
- Multiple Currencies and Vehicle Mileage
- Adjusting and Reviewing the Books
Scott Paxton is a Certified Public Accountant and holds master's degrees in business administration and accounting. His background includes experience as a public accountant, a manager in the banking industry, an entrepreneur and a college business instructor. Paxton has also spent much of his career helping small business owners successfully implement and troubleshoot QuickBooks.
Charlene Messier has more than 25 years of teaching experience. Throughout the course of her career, she has taught various business subjects to thousands of students. Now retired from her full-time teaching duties, Messier continues to teach courses online, specializing in accounting, word processing, business law, business economics, and finance.
There are no prerequisites to take these courses.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- QuickBooks Online: When your course starts, you will be directed to access and utilize the free QuickBooks Online practice site to complete the lessons. No subscription or purchase is needed.
(Please Note: This course is only for the QuickBooks Online version. The desktop versions are not compatible and should not be used. If you have the desktop version, please consider the course specifically designed for your version.)
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
- A calculator and a printer
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.