IC3 Digital Literacy GS5 (Vouchers Included)
This course covers a broad range of digital literacy skills needed in today's tech-driven society. You will learn key topics based on learning objectives covered on the IC3 Digital Literacy Certification exams. You will also be able to use the "Custom Path" feature to streamline the training process by skipping course lessons and exercises that correspond to skills/concepts passed in the pre-assessment.
This course offers enrollment with or without vouchers. The vouchers are prepaid access to sit for the IC3 Global Standard 5 (GS5) certifying exams upon eligibility. Proctor fees may apply, which are not included.
Association of Executive and Administrative Professionals
What you will learn
- Upon completion of PCIC3A-GS5-Computing Fundamentals, you will demonstrate a foundational understanding of computing including computer hardware, software, operating systems, peripherals, and troubleshooting.
- Upon completion of the four PCIC3B-GS5-Key Applications courses, you will demonstrate intermediate-level word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation skills and demonstrate familiarity with the common features of all applications.
- Upon completion of PCIC3C-Living Online, you will demonstrate the skills required for using the Internet to communicate and collaborate in a safe and ethical way.
How you will benefit
- Successful completion of the PCIC3-GS5 courses will prepare you to pass the three IC3 GS5 exams and receive the IC3 certification.
- IC3 preparation and certification provides you with a strong foundation of the computer knowledge and skills required for pursuing higher education and for success in today's workplace.
- IC3 Certification provides students with a global, industry-recognized credential for employment.
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 3 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 60 course hours
- Computing Fundamentals
- Key Applications
- Living Online
David Iseminger is an author and technology veteran, with expertise in computing, networking, wireless and cloud technologies, data and analytics, artificial intelligence, and blockchain. While with Microsoft, David worked on early versions of Windows and its core networking infrastructure, and on transmission protocols, security, data visualizations, and multiple emerging cloud technologies. David is passionate about education, serving as a School Board director for over 10 years, advocating at state and federal levels for increased learning standards, and has taught over 40,000 students through multiple technology courses. He has an awarded patent in Artificial Intelligence (AI) object detection and social posting methodologies, and is the founder and CEO of the blockchain company that created IronWeave, the unlimited scale blockchain platform, based on his patent-pending blockchain innovations and inventions.
There are no prerequisites to taking this course. However, you will need a basic understanding of computer usage and access to the Internet.
- This course can be taken on a PC, Chromebook, or Mac.
- PC: Windows 7 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: Chrome (all devices); Firefox (PCs only); Edge and Internet Explorer are not supported.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online. The workbooks for this course are provided in Adobe Acrobat and Word format.
- Gmetrix IC3 Practice Tests – provided upon completion if the voucher included course is taken.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
Yes, students will be prepared to sit for the three exams in the IC3 Digital Literacy Certification- IC3 GS5: Computing Fundamentals, Key Applications, Living Online.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive three (3) months to complete the course.
If you are unable to complete the course, contact your Student Advisor to help you work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee will be charged. If you are funded through a third-party organization, approval may also be required. After 12 months, extensions are no longer available, and you will be required to purchase the course again if you do not complete it.
You may be assigned with an instructor or team of industry experts for one-on-one course interaction. Your support will be available (via email) to answer any questions you may have and to provide feedback on your performance. All of our instructors are successful working professionals in the fields in which they teach. You will be assigned to an Advisor for academic support.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.
The passing score for this course is 70%, however, if you are going to sit for the certification exam it is recommended that you score 90% or higher on all Post Assessments.