Call Center Representative
Call centers play an important role in supporting customer success, and with more call centers relocating to the U.S., the need for skilled representatives is growing. The Call Center Representative course will prepare you for a frontline role in today's fast-paced call center and positions you for advancement within the industry. You will gain key skills needed to provide high-quality customer service through the most common channels, including phone, email, chat, and social media.
George Mason University
What you will learn
- The departmental functions within contact centers and the metrics associated with performance
- How to structure phone, email, chat and social media conversations for consistently positive outcomes
- Soft skills for voice control and effective word choices for both verbal and written communication
- Proven strategies for handling all types of complicated customer interactions
- Four steps to increase revenues with customer-focused selling techniques
How you will benefit
- Be prepared to succeed in a role as a call center representative and primed for advancement
- Soft skills and a proper structure for calls, emails, and chat will assure consistent quality
- Effectively handling challenging customer interactions is key to advancing your career
- Acquiring these skills will increase the likelihood of employment as a call center agent
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 3 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 19 course hours
- Contact Center Basics
- The Power of One
- First Class Phone Skills
- Managing Challenging Callers
- Live Chat Essentials
- Email Essentials
- Social Media Customer Service
- Successful Sales
This is not an instructor facilitated course; however, support will be provided through email, online forms, and phone.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.10 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive three (3) months to complete the course.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact the student advising team to see what options you may have available to work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
The course instructor will be available by email to answer any questions and provide feedback on your performance. Occasionally, your course may be supported by a team of industry experts. You will also receive support from the student advising team.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.