Certified Quality Engineer (Voucher Included)
In this course, you will learn the standard fundamentals and competencies of quality engineering, including development and operation of quality control systems, applications of testing and inspection procedures, and administering management information systems. Additionally, this course will cover human factors and motivation, quality cost concepts, metrology, and statistical methods of diagnosis and correction. It will also prepare for the Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) certification. This...
George Mason University
What you will learn
- Learn quality management and leadership: the philosophies and foundations of quality, its leadership principles and techniques, and proven communication skills.
- Develop the quality management system (QMS): its design and documentation, standards and guidelines, quality training and auditing, and the cost of quality (COQ).
- Design of products, processes, and services: classification of characteristics, verification and validation, and reliability and maintainability.
- Learn critical skills required to implement effective product and process control, including acceptance sampling, material control, metrology, and measurement system analysis.
- Master the quantitative tools and techniques that drive continuous improvement, from lean and corrective action to kaizen and Six Sigma.
- Understand how to summarize data, draw statistical conclusions, analyze distributions, test hypotheses, perform capability studies, and design and execute experiments.
- Be fluent in risk management: its oversight, assessment, control, auditing, and testing.
How you will benefit
- Preparation for an internationally recognized credential, American Society for Quality certification
- Certified Quality Engineers (CQE) earn an average of almost $10,000 more than those who are not certified
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 65 course hours
- Management and Leadership
- Quality Philosophies and Foundations
- The Quality Management System (QMS)
- ASQ Code of Ethics for Professional Conduct
- Leadership Principles and Techniques
- Facilitation Principles and Techniques
- Communication Skills
- Customer Relations
- Supplier Management
- Barriers to Quality Improvement
- The Quality System
- Elements of a Quality System
- Documentation of the Quality System
- Quality Standards and Other Guidelines
- Quality Audits
- Cost of Quality (COQ)
- Quality Training
- Product and Process Design
- Classification of Quality Characteristics
- Design Inputs and Review
- Technical Drawings and Specifications
- Design Verification
- Reliability and Maintainability
- Product and Process Control
- Material Control
- Acceptance Sampling
- Measurement and Test
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Continuous Improvement
- Quality Control Tools
- Quality Management and Planning Tools
- Continuous Improvement Techniques
- Corrective Action
- Preventive Action
- Quantitative Methods and Tools
- Collecting and Summarizing Data
- Quantitative Concepts
- Probability Distributions
- Statistical Decision-Making
- Relationships Between Variables
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Process and Performance Capability
- Design and Analysis of Experiments
- Risk Management
- Risk Oversight
- Risk Assessment
- Risk Control
This is not an instructor facilitated course; however, support will be provided through email, online forms, and phone.
There are no prerequisites to take this course, however prior knowledge of statistics and quality engineering is recommended. You are encouraged to review the educational requirements and work experience for eligibility to take the ASQ Certified Quality Engineer exam.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
Yes, after completion of the course, you will be prepared to sit for the Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) exam.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive six (6) months to complete the course.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact your Student Advisor to help you work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
You may be assigned with an instructor or team of industry experts for one-on-one course interaction. Your support will be available (via email) to answer any questions you may have and to provide feedback on your performance. All of our instructors are successful working professionals in the fields in which they teach. You will be assigned to an Advisor for academic support.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.