Certified Six Sigma Yellow Belt and Green Belt (Exam Cost Included)
This course series teaches you the Six Sigma process of improvement and prepares you for the first two certification levels, Yellow Belt and Green belt. The Six Sigma methodology is a data-driven approach to removing defects and improving processes in any business. Wherever you are in your career, earning your Six Sigma Yellow and Green Belt certifications will keep you ahead of the pack. These certifications verify your ability to analyze quality problems and be involved in continuous...
George Mason University
What you will learn
- Communicate using Six Sigma terminology
- Relate key Six Sigma concepts to overall business objectives
- Explain a wide variety of quality, decision-making, project management, and communication tools you can use to help solve problems and improve processes during the Six Sigma DMAIC process
- Why organizations implement Six Sigma and the relationship between lean concepts and Six Sigma
- How to apply Six Sigma in product and process design and apply the voice of the customer (VOC) to the voice of the process (VOP)
- How to incorporate high-performing team concepts
- How to apply process control as a replacement for appraisal/inspection
- How to use statistical distributions and apply design of experiments (DOE)
How you will benefit
- Learn Six Sigma roles, responsibilities, quality tools and metrics
- Prepare for the Six Sigma Yellow Belt and Green Belt Certification exam
- You will be prepared for careers such as Process Improvement Analyst, Six Sigma Green Belt
- Consultant, Quality Control/Quality Assurance Supervisor, Quality Technician, and more
- Upon completion, you will have access to the ASQ Certified Six Sigma Question Bank and the ASQ Certified Six Sigma Associate Membership
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 12 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 145 course hours
Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- Six Sigma Fundamentals
- Define Phase
- Measure Phase
- Analyze Phase
- Improve and Control Phases
Six Sigma Green Belt:
- Six Sigma and Organizational Goals
- Lean Principles in the Organization
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) Methodologies
- Voice of the Customer (VOC), Project Identification, Project Management Basics
- Management and Planning Tools, Business Results for Projects
- Team Dynamics and Performance
- Process Analysis and Documentation, Probability, and Statistics
- Collecting and Summarizing Data
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Process and Performance Capability
- Exploratory Data Analysis
- Hypothesis Testing
- Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Root Cause Analysis, Lean Tools
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Control Plan, Lean Tools for Process Control
Tony Swaim has helped many clients, colleagues, and students reach their professional and personal goals. He has been an online instructor since 1998 and has taught at colleges and universities across the United States since 1981. His focus areas are project management, Six Sigma, and supply chain management. Tony manages a successful consulting firm, and his industry experience includes 20 years of supply chain management. He earned a Doctorate in Business Administration from Kennesaw State University and holds professional certifications in six disciplines, including the Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI)® and Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB)® from the American Society for Quality (ASQ)®.
There are no prerequisites to taking the Yellow Belt portion of this course bundle. However, to successfully pass the Green Belt portion, you must be knowledgeable in basic Algebra and Statistics.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment in the correlating portion of the bundle:
- Digital copy: Certified Six Sigma Yellow Belt Handbook
- The Certified Six Sigma Green Belt Handbook
- An Introduction to Six Sigma and Process Improvement
Please Note: You will receive a digital book if the physical book is on backorder.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
Yes, you will be prepared for ASQ's Six Sigma Yellow Belt and Green Belt certification exams. You will also receive prepaid vouchers for both exams upon course completion.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course whenever you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
After you register, you will receive 12 months to complete the course. The time allotted for completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours.
If you are unable to complete the course, contact your Student Advisor to help you work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee will be charged. If you are funded through a third-party organization, approval may also be required.
The course instructor will be available by email to answer any questions and provide feedback on your performance. Occasionally, your course may be supported by a team of industry experts. You will also receive support from the student advising team.
Upon successfully passing the final exam, you will be awarded a certificate of completion from the school or organization that you registered through.
ed2go courses will help you gain the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. However, you should always research the job market in your area before enrolling.
ed2go courses are non-credit, so they do not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA, and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards may provide funding to take our courses. Additionally, you may qualify for financial assistance if you meet certain requirements. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us."