Lean Six Sigma Champion (Exam Cost Included)
The Lean Six Sigma Champion course is an open-enrollment self-paced course offered entirely online and designed for Go-Getters who want to build problem-solving muscles and deliver incredible improvement results. It's intensely practical, interactive, and enjoyable, which will help ensure you quickly and effectively develop your process improvement and project management skills using clear language and plenty of fun examples.
For decades, Lean Six Sigma has saved organizations in virtually every...
Association of Executive and Administrative Professionals
What you will learn
- Define the role of a Lean Six Sigma leader
- List the components required to build a culture of continuous improvement
- Describe how leaders build blame-free cultures
- Outline how to make process problems and improvements visible
- Describe how to support problem-solvers
- How to produce products and services faster
How you will benefit
- Gain skills in Lean Six Sigma, which will translate to any company regardless of industry, size, sector or country of origin
- Understand how to solve problems more effectively
- Create fewer defects, shorter lead times, and better customer experiences in any organization
- Gain skills that can open new opportunities in your career
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 20 course hours
- Grasp Lean Six Sigma
- Introduction to the Champion Course
- Executive Overview: The Power of Lean Six Sigma
- Stop Being a Boss and Start Being a Leader, featuring Richard Sheridan
- Introduction to Lean Six Sigma
- Introduction to Lean
- Transform the Culture
- 4 Components for Building a Lean Culture
- Leaving the Office and Building a Joyous Culture, featuring Gary Peterson
- Why Blame Stalls & 5 Ways Leaders Can Create a Blame-free Environment
- Embrace the Leader's Role
- The Role of the Leader in Transforming a Culture of Continuous Improvement
- Disaster Recovery Made Easy with the Toyota Product System, Featuring Liz McCartney
- Make Problems Visible
- Leader Standard Work
- Leader Task Boards
- Process Performance Boards
- Leader Huddle Meetings
- Leader Process Walks
- Duct Tape and Standard Work—The Sexy Tools of Lean, featuring Tom Root
- Support Problem Solvers
- Introduction to DMAIC
- Introduction to PDCA
- Introduction to A3
- A3 Coaching
- The Top 5 Challenges with A3 Coaching
- Avoid the Advice Trap and Become a Better Leader, featuring Michael B. Stanier
- How to Coach Problem Solvers to Build their Soft skills
- Elephant-Powered Improvement for Zoos All Over the World
- How Toyota Coached Leaders to Improve Processes with Learning Journals
- How Leaders Successfully Support Lean Six Sigma Projects
- 5 Ways to Ensure Green Belts Apply their New Skills After Certification
- How IT Spreads Lean Six Sigma to Boost #2-Ranked University, Featuring Mojgan Amini
- Champion Course Conclusion
Tracy O'Rourke is a Master Black Belt with over 15 years of success helping organizations like the Department of Veterans Affairs, the State of Washington, Cisco, DC Shoes, GE and Motorola learn and apply Lean and Six Sigma. Tracy is an accomplished facilitator, trainer and presenter. She has trained over 1,000 people, mentored 300+ people and has helped complete 300+ projects with results that range between $50,000 and $8 million dollars in savings. Her facilitation expertise runs the gamut, from facilitating leadership retreats with top executives, to facilitating Process Walks, Kaizen Events and project team meetings.
Elisabeth Swan is a Master Black Belt with over 20 years of success helping organizations like Amazon, Charles Schwab, Burt's Bees, Microsoft and Starwood Hotels & Resorts learn and apply Lean Six Sigma. As an accomplished business process improvement consultant, designer, change leader and executive coach who is an expert in training, process-based organization design, problem-solving and change management for organizations large and small.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
Yes, the Lean Six Sigma Champion certification is included in the course.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive six (6) months to complete the course.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact your Student Advisor to help you work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
You may be assigned with an instructor or team of industry experts for one-on-one course interaction. Your support will be available (via email) to answer any questions you may have and to provide feedback on your performance. All of our instructors are successful working professionals in the fields in which they teach. You will be assigned to an Advisor for academic support.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.
In our global economy, organizations constantly face rising costs of doing business and increasing competition in the marketplace. Lean Six Sigma principles and methodologies work to help organizations by streamlining processes to increase profit, cutting down on waste to decrease costs, improving effectiveness and efficiency to deliver more products and services, and providing ownership and accountability to help build effective teams.
This course does not require you to have earned your Lean Six Sigma green belt or black belt because this course is designed to teach you how to create a Lean Six Sigma culture within your organization. It is intended to help leaders foster a culture of problem-solving and continuous improvement, therefore, this course does not require the learner to personally have obtained a yellow, green, or black belt.
This course is designed for any leader in an organization. Whether you are a team lead, project lead, supervisor, manager, executive, or aspiring future leader that wants to foster a problem-solving environment and a workplace that strives for continuous improvement, this course will be ideal in helping you champion a Lean Six Sigma culture.