Certified Six Sigma Green Belt (Exam Cost Included)
Do you want to improve your business credentials or enter a new career as a quality specialist? The Six Sigma methodology is a data-driven approach to removing defects and improving processes in any business. Wherever you are on your career path, earning your Six Sigma Green Belt certification will allow you to stay a step ahead. This Six Sigma training course will teach you process improvement from start to finish and prepare you for the Six Sigma Green Belt certification offered through the...
George Mason University
What you will learn
- Why organizations implement Six Sigma and the relationship between lean concepts and Six Sigma
- How to apply Six Sigma in product and process design and apply the voice of the customer (VOC) to the voice of the process (VOP)
- How to incorporate high-performing team concepts
- How to apply process control as a replacement for appraisal/inspection
- How to use statistical distributions and apply design of experiments (DOE)
How you will benefit
- You will be prepared for the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification exam
- You will be prepared for careers such as Process Improvement Analyst, Six Sigma Green Belt Consultant, Quality Control/Quality Assurance Supervisor, Quality Technician, and more
- Upon completion, you will have access to the ASQ Certified Six Sigma Question Bank and the ASQ Certified Six Sigma Associate Membership
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 120 course hours
- Six sigma and organizational goals
- Value of six sigma
- Organizational goals and six sigma projects
- Organizational drivers and metrics
- Lean principles in the organization
- Lean concepts
- Value-streaming mapping
- Design for six sigma (DFSS) methodologies
- Road maps for DFSS
- Basic failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA)
- Design FMEA and process FMEA
- Voice of the customer (VOC), Project identification, Project management basics
- Customer identification
- Customer data
- Customer requirements
- Project selection
- Process elements
- Process inputs and outputs
- Owners and stakeholders
- Project charter
- Project scope
- Project metrics
- Project planning tools
- Project documentation
- Project risk analysis
- Project closure
- Management and planning tools, Business results for projects
- Process performance
- Team dynamics and performance
- Team stages and dynamics
- Team roles and responsibilities
- Team tools
- Team Communication
- Process analysis and documentation, Probability and statistics
- Basic probability concepts
- Central limit theorem
- Statistical distributions
- Collecting and summarizing data
- Types of data and measurement scales
- Sampling and data collection methods
- Descriptive statistics
- Graphical methods
- Measurement system analysis (MSA)
- Process and performance capability
- Process performance vs. process specifications
- Process capability studies
- Process capability (Cp, Cpk) and process performance (Pp, Ppk) indices
- Short-term vs. long-term capability and sigma shift
- Exploratory data analysis
- Multi-vari studies
- Correlation and linear regression
- Hypothesis testing
- Tests for means, variances, and proportions
- Design of experiments (DOE)
- Basic terms
- DOE graphs and plots
- Root cause analysis, Lean Tools
- Waste elimination
- Cycle-time reduction
- Kaizen and kaizen blitz
- Statistical process control (SPC)
- SPC Basics
- Rational subgrouping
- Control charts
- Control plan, Lean tools for process control
- Total productive maintenance (TPM)
- Visual factory
Tony Swaim has helped many clients, colleagues, and students reach their professional and personal goals. He has been an online instructor since 1998 and has taught at colleges and universities across the United States since 1981. His focus areas are project management, Six Sigma, and supply chain management. Tony manages a successful consulting firm, and his industry experience includes 20 years of supply chain management. He earned a Doctorate in Business Administration from Kennesaw State University and holds professional certifications in six disciplines, including the Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI)® and Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB)® from the American Society for Quality (ASQ)®.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- The Certified Six Sigma Green Belt Handbook
- An Introduction to Six Sigma and Process Improvement
Qualifications and Requirements for CSSGB Certification:
In order to sit for the CSSGB Certification Exam through ASQ, candidates must meet the minimum requirements listed below:
- Six Sigma Green Belts are employees who spend some of their time on process improvement teams.
- They analyze and solve quality problems, and are involved with Six Sigma, lean or other quality improvement projects.
- Candidates must have three years of on-the-job experience in one or more areas of the Six Sigma Green Belt Body of Knowledge.
- Candidates must have worked in a full-time, paid role.
- Paid intern, co-op or any other course work cannot be applied toward the work experience requirement.
Education waivers are not granted.
Once you successfully complete the ed2go Green Belt training and meet the requirements to sit for the ASQ SSGB Certification, you can apply via ASQ/Ed2go PDF Certification application.
Upon completion, you will have access to the ASQ Certified Six Sigma Question Bank, where you can access hundreds of practice questions developed and based on the CSSGB Body of Knowledge. You can study by topic or simulate the exam experience. You'll have access to the ASQ Certified Six Sigma Associate Membership, which provides digital access to networking opportunities, professional development, and knowledge exchange. You'll also get member pricing on other ASQ products and services and an online subscription to Quality Progress magazine.
During Lean Six Sigma training, you'll learn how to effectively apply the concepts and methods of Six Sigma. You'll discover how the vast number of topics—value-stream mapping, failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), process capability, control charts, statistical process control (SPC), design of experiments (DOE), and many more—can increase your overall quality IQ. After completing this course, you'll be well-prepared to sit for the Six Sigma Green Belt certification exam offered by the American Society for Quality (ASQ).
Areas of concentration include determining the relationship of basic statistics to Six Sigma, examining the Six Sigma business case, listening to the voice of the customer, seeing how quality function deployment can improve new product development, and discovering the value of benchmarking. As a Six Sigma Green Belt, you'll be right in the middle of many process improvement projects as you apply brainstorming, cause and effect diagrams, check sheets, and Pareto charts to help define problems and opportunities.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
Yes. You'll receive essential information needed for the ASQ Certified Six Sigma Green Belt exam.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive six (6) months to complete the course.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact your Student Advisor to help you work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
You may be assigned with an instructor or team of industry experts for one-on-one course interaction. Your support will be available (via email) to answer any questions you may have and to provide feedback on your performance. All of our instructors are successful working professionals in the fields in which they teach. You will be assigned to an Advisor for academic support.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.
Six Sigma Green Belt certification indicates that a professional is familiar with the core tenets of Lean Six Sigma Methodology and understands how to implement them for appropriate projects. Green Belts may work as a member of a team led by a Six Sigma Black Belt.