This Diversity Training for Employees and Managers is ideal for anyone working in a professional environment. The course brings people together by focusing on principles like respect, acceptance and inclusivity. It is designed to help employees and managers gain a better understanding of the skills, characteristics, and talents that each person brings to the table regardless of their background. The class emphasizes the need to communicate, negotiate, and collaborate in a diverse environment both internally and externally.
What you will learn
- The definition of diversity and other related terms
- The advantages and complications of diversity in the workplace
- How to assess self-awareness of diversity
- The laws that protect against diversity discrimination
- How to implement the four cornerstones of diversity
How you will benefit
- Gain knowledge and skills about embracing diversity within a team.
- Become a better team member and/or leader
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 3 Months access
- 14 course hours
- Understanding Diversity
- What is Diversity?
- Other Terms for Diversity
- Diversity Self-awareness
- History of Diversity in the Workplace
- Diversity Laws
- Cornerstones of Diversity
- Individual Differences
- Cultural Differences
- Personality Differences
- Generational Differences
- Diversity Obstacles
- Stereotypes and Biases
- Confronting Stereotypes and Biases
- Overcoming Obstacles and Increasing Diversity Awareness
- Active Listening
- Nonverbal Communication
- Speaking with Intent
- Diversity Discrimination
- Identifying Diversity Discrimination
- Taking Action Against Diversity Discrimination
- Diversity Leadership
- Managing Diversity Discrimination
- Encouraging Diversity
- Creating a Successful and Diverse Team
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.8 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
You can start this course at any time your schedule permits.
You have 3 month access to the course. After enrolling, you can learn and complete the course at your own pace, within the allotted access period.
There is no time limit to complete each lesson, other than completing all lessons within the allotted access period.
Because this course is self-paced, no extensions will be granted after the start of your enrollment.