Autodesk Revit Architecture 2021 (Voucher Included)
Autodesk Revit for Architecture is one of the leading Building Information Modeling (BIM) software products for architectural firms. This 100% online course will teach you the fundamentals of Autodesk Revit Architecture software and fully prepare you to pass the Autodesk Revit Certified User for Architecture exam. You will learn how to navigate the interface and use the fundamental design functions available in Revit. The course content is heavily focused on hands-on exercises which require that the software be installed.
This course offers enrollment with a voucher. The voucher is pre-paid access to sit for the certifying exam upon eligibility.
George Mason University
What you will learn
- Understand the purpose of Building Information Management (BIM) and how it is applied in the Autodesk Revit software
- To create a 3D building model with walls, curtain walls, windows, doors, floors, stairs, ceilings, and roofs
- To add furniture and equipment elements to a 3D building model
- To create your building documentation by setting up sheets for plotting with text, dimensions, details, tags, and schedules
How you will benefit
- Autodesk Revit is a software product that is commonly used by Architectural firms. Firms who are recruiting would require knowledge of this product prior to hiring.
- Taking this course provides the key skills to efficiently and effectively work with the basic and architectural tools available in Autodesk Revit software
- At the completion of the course, passing the Autodesk Revit Architecture Certified User exam provides potential employers with additional validation of skills
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 120 course hours
- Introduction to BIM and Autodesk Revit
- Basic Sketching and Modify Tools
- Introduction to Worksets
- Starting Architectural Projects
- Modeling Walls
- Working with Doors and Windows
- Working with Curtain Walls
- Working with Views
- Adding Components
- Modeling Floors
- Modeling Ceilings
- Modeling Roofs
- Modeling Stairs, Railings, and Ramps
- Creating Construction Documents
- Annotating Construction Documents
- Adding Tags and Schedules
- Creating Details
- Appendix: Additional Tools
Cherisse Biddulph is an Autodesk Certified Professional for Revit as well as an Autodesk Certified Instructor. She brings over 15 years of industry, teaching, and technical support experience to her role as a Learning Content Developer with ASCENT. With a passion for design and architecture, she received her Associate of Applied Science in Drafting and Design and has worked in the industry assisting firms with their CAD Management and software implementation needs as they modernize to a Building Information Modeling (BIM) design environment. Although her main passion is the Revit design product, she is also proficient in AutoCAD, Autodesk BIM 360, and also Autodesk Navisworks.
There are no prerequisites to take this course, however, you should have a basic knowledge of the Windows operating system and be comfortable installing software, working with file structures, downloading files, and unzipping compressed files. You should also have a basic knowledge of design/drafting procedures and terminology.
- This course can only be taken on a PC.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Autodesk Revit Architecture 2021. A free 1-year student version of the software is included. You will be provided directions on how to download the student license for the software after registration. The student software license cannot be used in a commercial environment.
- Note: If you have previously accessed a free trial of the Autodesk software, you may be required to purchase it separately to complete this course.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
Yes, you will be prepared for the Autodesk Revit Certified User exam.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive six (6) months to complete the course.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact your Student Advisor to help you work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
You may be assigned with an instructor or team of industry experts for one-on-one course interaction. Your support will be available (via email) to answer any questions you may have and to provide feedback on your performance. All of our instructors are successful working professionals in the fields in which they teach. You will be assigned to an Advisor for academic support.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.