Microsoft Word 2013 Certification Training
This Microsoft Word 2013 course will teach you the skills you need to work with Word 2013 and prepare you for the Microsoft Office Specialist Certification Exam 77-418, a globally recognized standard for validating expertise with Office Suite. Regardless of occupation, knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word is a workplace standard. Developing skills and familiarity with Word allows you to work independently and gives you the essential skills for a productive career.
This online training...
Association of Executive and Administrative Professionals
What you will learn
- Learn how to create, format, and edit Microsoft Word documents with ease
- Understand how to add page numbers, headers and footers, and use advanced editing tools
- Discover how to use Microsoft Word to work with images, including placing and sizing images, wrapping text around images, and using borders and effects
- Learn a variety of customizations and adjustments you can make involving page orientation, layout, columns, and page breaks
- Examine how advanced Word features allow for adding footnotes, bibliographies, indexes and comments
How you will benefit
- Learn essential time saving skills for the office like Mail Merge, label creation, and envelope formatting
- Develop skills with advanced Word features that will impress employers
- Ensure the security of your work by learning how to protect important documents
- Prepare for the Microsoft Office Specialist Certification Exam 77-418, a globally recognized standard for validating expertise
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 70 course hours
- Introduction to Microsoft Word 2013
- Creating a Microsoft Word Document
- The Ribbon
- The File Tab
- The Quick Access Toolbar
- Formatting Microsoft Word Documents
- Editing Documents
- Finalizing Microsoft Word Documents
- Introduction to Microsoft Word 2013 Exam
- Intermediate Microsoft Word 2013
- Advanced Formatting
- Working with Tables
- Working with Images
- Page Layout
- Working with Illustrations
- Viewing Your Document(s)
- Intermediate Microsoft Word 2013 Exam
- Advanced Microsoft Word 2013
- Working with Long Documents
- Reviewing and Collaborating on Documents
- Comparing and Combining Documents
- Managing Mailings
- Protecting Documents
- Random Useful Items
- Advanced Microsoft Word 2013 Exam
Tracy Berry has been a senior graphic designer/programmer, instructor, and consultant since 1993 and has developed hundreds of logos, marketing materials, websites, and multimedia solutions for customers worldwide. She was also involved in several large corporate software rollouts. She has helped many organizations optimize and streamline data solutions. She teaches both onsite and online courses and has her CTT (Certified Technical Trainer) certification. Tracy specializes in teaching graphics, desktop publishing, web design, and reporting/productivity applications.
There are no prerequisites to take this course, however you must have familiarity with using a personal computer and in a Windows environment. You must also be able to launch and close programs, navigate to information stored on the computer, and manage files and folders.
- This course must be taken on a PC. Macs are not compatible.
- Windows 10 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- Microsoft Word 2013 (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online. Manuals are included as downloadable PDFs throughout the course
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
Yes. This training course prepares students for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification Exam 77-418.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive six (6) months to complete the course.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact your Student Advisor to help you work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
You may be assigned with an instructor or team of industry experts for one-on-one course interaction. Your support will be available (via email) to answer any questions you may have and to provide feedback on your performance. All of our instructors are successful working professionals in the fields in which they teach. You will be assigned to an Advisor for academic support.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.