Intermediate Microsoft Access 2016 (Self-Paced Tutorial)
Do you want to take your Microsoft Access skills to the next level? In this course, you'll master more advanced techniques for this powerful database program and build an entire database project from scratch.
From building reports to using conditional formatting, you'll see how to present your data and gain techniques for using Visual Basic to automate common tasks. Finally, you'll build a navigation form to make it easy for your users to find their way around your database. By the time you've completed the course, you'll have a fully functional database that tracks customer and order information.
How the course is taught
- Instructor-led or self-paced online course
- 6 Weeks or 3 Months access
- 24 course hours
- Reviewing Terms and Importing Data
- Key Fields and Action Queries
- Relationships of the Database Kind
- Creating and Modifying Forms
- Subforms and the Tab Control
- Query Calculations
- Summary Queries
- Building Reports That Pinpoint Key Information
- Run Reports From a Custom Dialog Box
- Using Visual Basic to Automate the Reports Dialog Box
- Putting It All Together
A basic understanding of Microsoft Access objects and their use or completion of Introduction to Microsoft Access 2010, Introduction to Microsoft Access 2013, or Introduction to Microsoft Access 2016 is required.
- This course must be taken on a PC. It is not suitable for Macs.
- Windows 8 or newer.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- Microsoft Access 2016 (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Instructor-Led: A new session of each course begins each month. Please refer to the session start dates for scheduling.
Self-Paced: You can start this course at any time your schedule permits.
Instructor-Led: Once a course session starts, two lessons will be released each week for the 6 week duration of your course. You will have access to all previously released lessons until the course ends.
Self-Paced: You have 3 month access to the course. After enrolling, you can learn and complete the course at your own pace, within the allotted access period.
Instructor-Led: The interactive discussion area for each lesson automatically closes two weeks after each lesson is released, so you're encouraged to complete each lesson within two weeks of its release.
Self-Paced: There is no time limit to complete each lesson, other than completing all lessons within the allotted access period.
Instructor-Led: The final exam will be released on the same day as the last lesson. Once the final exam has been released, you will have two weeks plus 10 days (24 days total) to complete the final and finish any remaining lessons in your course. No further extensions can be provided beyond these 10 days.
Self-Paced: Because this course is self-paced, no extensions will be granted after the start of your enrollment.