Preston Bailey's Fundamentals of Floral Design
Floral design is an integral part of every Preston Bailey event. The Preston Bailey Fundamentals of Floral Design course, Part 1 in the Floral Design series, is an opportunity for you to learn the fundamentals of floral design from Preston Bailey, the industry's most highly regarded floral design expert.
The course is designed for beginners who have no experience with flowers, flower arranging, or floral design. You will learn the tricks that every good professional floral designer depends on....
George Mason University
What you will learn
- Demonstrate a basic understanding and fundamental knowledge of floral design tools
- Learn the purpose of processing and how it affects the outcome and longevity of a floral design
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the methods used to process flowers for design
- Learn the basic fundamentals of purchasing flowers wholesale when preparing for the design of flowers for an event
How you will benefit
- Learn all the information needed to become a professional florist or floral designer
- Understand the tools, techniques, floral encyclopedia, and wholesale ordering tips that will help any student launch a business in the floral industry
- Know how to identify, approach, and set up an internship in your local area
- Receive notices of internship opportunities and industry conferences and events
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 240 course hours
- Create Floral Design Tool Kit
- Research Business License
- Processed experiment
- Non-Processed experiment
- Reference Binder Project
- Create a Reference Binder
- Industry Insight
- Alternative Floral Design Techniques
- Sharing a Floral Design Techniques
- Non Floral Material
- Discuss Non floral materials
- Create a Portfolio of non floral materials
- Ideas and Practice
- Corsages and boutonnieres
- Ceremony Décor
- Creating a collage
- Rose Boutonnieres
- Orchid Boutonnieres
- Creating a corsage
- 3-loop bow
- Bridal Bouquets
- Round Bridal Bouquets
- Long Bridal Bouquets
- Create a vase arrangement
- Create a small topiary
- Create a long/ low centerpiece
- Create 2-foot garland
- Final Project & Exam
Preston Bailey has been considered one of the world's premier event designers and tastemakers. With 30-plus years of experience with his namesake company Preston Bailey Designs, he is best known for his ability to completely transform raw, ordinary spaces, into opulent, theatrical environments, translating his clients' fantasies into awe-inspiring realities. His one-of-kind events have attracted clients as Donald Trump, Oprah Winfrey, Uma Thurman, Joan Rivers, Donna Karan, Liza Minnelli, Matt Lauer, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Ivanka Trump, and others. An author, he has written four bestselling books entitled Design for Entertaining, Fantasy Weddings, Inspirations, and his newest book, Celebrations, which was released by Rizzoli in October 2009. Headquartered in New York City, Preston Bailey Designs maintains international offices in Indonesia and the Middle East.
Angie Zimmerman is the CEO and founder of Angie Zimmerman Designs, a full-service floral design firm specializing in weddings and special events. She has more than 20 years of experience in the floral industry, operating floral shops in multiple locations in northern California. Currently, she is the instructor of "Preston Bailey's Fundamentals of Floral Design," a course offered by the Wedding Planning Institute and the lead instructor for Preston Bailey's Intermediate Floral Design.
Angie Zimmerman es la CEO y fundadora de Angie Zimmerman Designs, una firma de servicios de diseño floral especializada en bodas y eventos especiales. Tiene más de 20 años de experiencia en la industria floral, operando tiendas de flores en varios lugares en el norte de California. Actualmente, es la instructora de "Preston Bailey's Fundamentals of Floral Design," un curso ofrecido por el Wedding Planning Institute y el instructor principal para el "Preston Bailey's Intermediate Floral Design."
It is recommended that you take Certified Wedding Planner and Preston Bailey's Signature Wedding & Event Design prior to enrolling in this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Microsoft Word (not included in enrollment).
- Microsoft PowerPoint is recommended but not required (not included in enrollment).
- Windows Media Player or a similar program.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- You are required to source local flowers and other floral arrangement supplies to complete assignments. (not included in enrollment)
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Customized internships are set for each graduate that applies. There is a $95 application fee, and you are required to submit a cover letter and resume with each application. You will then participate in an interview with Lovegevity Wedding Planning Institute (LWPI) prior to participating in an interview with a potential internship host. Job placement assistance is also available once the internship is completed and positive feedback from the host is received.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive six (6) months to complete the course.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact your Student Advisor to help you work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
You may be assigned with an instructor or team of industry experts for one-on-one course interaction. Your support will be available (via email) to answer any questions you may have and to provide feedback on your performance. All of our instructors are successful working professionals in the fields in which they teach. You will be assigned to an Advisor for academic support.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.
Sí, el Examen de Certificación es incluido. / Yes, you will receive a certificate that you can display from Preston Bailey and The Wedding Planning Institute.