Certified Penetration Testing Professional (CPENT) (Voucher Included)
The EC-Council's Certified Penetration Tester (CPENT) program is all about helping you master your pen-testing skills by putting them to use on our live cyber ranges. The CPENT ranges were designed to be dynamic to give you a real-world training program. Just as targets and technology continue to change in live networks, both the CPENT practice and exam ranges will mimic this reality as our team of engineers continue to add targets and defenses throughout the CPENT course's lifetime. CPENT is...
George Mason University
What you will learn
- Advanced Windows Attacks
- Attacking IOT Systems
- Writing Exploits: Advanced Binary Exploitation
- Bypassing a Filtered Network
- Pen testing Operational Technology (OT)
- Access Hidden Networks with Pivoting
- Double Pivoting
- Privilege Escalation
- Evading Defense Mechanisms
- Attack Automation with Scripts
- Weaponize Your Exploits
- Write Professional Reports
How you will benefit
- Mapped with the NICE framework.
- 100% methodology-based penetration testing program.
- Blends both manual and automated penetration testing approaches.
- Designed with the most common penetration testing practices offered by the best service providers.
- Maps to all major Job Portals. Role Title: Penetration Tester and Security Analyst.
- Provides strong reporting writing guidance.
- Gives a real-world experience through an Advanced Penetration Testing Range.
- Provides candidates with standard Pen test for use in the field.
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 9 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 200 course hours
- Introduction to Penetration Testing
- Penetration Testing Scoping and Engagement
- Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT)
- Social Engineering Penetration Testing
- Network Penetration Testing – External
- Network Penetration Testing– Internal
- Network Penetration Testing – Perimeter Devices
- Web Application Penetration Testing
- Wireless Penetration Testing
- IoT Penetration Testing
- OT/SCADA Penetration Testing
- Cloud Penetration Testing
- Binary Analysis and Exploitation
- Active Directory Penetration Testing
- Report Writing and Post Testing Actions
Kevin Cardwell is an experienced instructor, technical editor, and author for computer forensics and hacking courses. He has conducted over 500 security assessments across the globe with expertise in finding weaknesses and determining ways clients can mitigate or limit the impact of these weaknesses.
Kevin currently works as a freelance consultant and provides consulting services for companies throughout the world, and as an advisor to numerous government entities within the U.S., Middle East, Africa, Asia, and the U.K. He previously spent 22 years in the U.S. Navy and worked as both a software and systems engineer on a variety of Department of Defense projects.
Kevin is the author of the Center for Advanced Security and Training (CAST) Advanced Network Defense and Advanced Penetration Testing courses and Building Virtual Pentesting Labs for Advanced Penetration Testing, Advanced Penetration Testing for Highly Secured Environments 2nd Edition and Backtrack: Testing Wireless Network Security. He is technical editor of the Learning Tree Course Penetration Testing Techniques and Computer Forensics. He has also presented at the Blackhat USA, Hacker Halted, ISSA, and TakeDownCon conferences, and more.
Kevin received his Bachelor of Science in computer science from the National University in California and a Master of Science in software engineering from Southern Methodist University (SMU) in Texas. He holds the CEH, ECSA, LPT, and several other certifications.
We strongly recommend candidates to complete the Certified Ethical Hacker prior to attempting the CPENT course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC, Mac, or Chromebook.
- PC: Windows 7 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.12 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Yes, students will be prepared to sit for the Certified Penetration Testing Professional (CPENT) exam.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course whenever you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
After you register, you will receive 9 months to complete the course. The time allotted for completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact the student advising team to see what options you may have available to work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
The course instructor will be available by email to answer any questions and provide feedback on your performance. Occasionally, your course may be supported by a team of industry experts. You will also receive support from the student advising team.
Upon successfully passing the final exam, you will be awarded a certificate of completion from the school or organization that you registered through.
ed2go courses will help you gain the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. However, you should always research the job market in your area before enrolling.
ed2go courses are non-credit, so they do not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA, and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards may provide funding to take our courses. Additionally, you may qualify for financial assistance if you meet certain requirements. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us."